• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

I (respectfully) disagree. I find the CCDG guys among the most annoying DG commentators. I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they sound like a couple douchey surfer dudes. Who, in my opinion, perpetuate the stupid, burnout hippie stereotype that disc golf is trying to drop. But, to each his own...

I respectfully disagree, but with you, the commentators the pdga normally uses are illinformed at best, completely incompetent at worst, perhaps because im from cali and know a ton of folks that sound just like them that are in no way hippies, burnouts or douchey surfers (side note the only douchey surfers i do know are transplants from the midwest who think that is how people are supposed to act...douches.) I would rather listen CCDG any day.

I agree w tuna. Ccdg has good video but the commentary is unprofessional. Sounds like they are just goofing around. The last video (copenhagen) had a dog barking in the background for like 3 min! Not saying that crazy and greenwell are better but ccdg guys do sound like your stereotypical stoner/surfer/hippie. Some info they give is informative (disc selection, etc) but stop saying "man", "dude", and "hyzer bomb".

Imma' go ahead and give your post one of these too: :gross:

like it really matters?! disc golf commentary is not a profession to begin with. Be thankful someone is out there in that area doing things to support DG. there is a mute button for all videos. If you can't relate to someone just because they don't speak exactly like you but clearly have a passion which is similar then just get over yourself already and move on DUDE(s).

CCDG are extremely professional, courteous and supportive of the DG community, all over the Coastal California DG scene, North and South. They represent the good things about Disc Golf, much more than the bad. So we should give thanks to them, and turn off the sound if your personal preference is not to listen to Californians that love Disc Golf.

I've watched all manner of videos from those with commentary, to those with music, to those with dead air. The ones I enjoy the most are the ones where CCDG is providing the commentary. Every announcer on the planet can be annoying to some degree and the CCGG guys are no exception, but by and large they provide enough good info offset their foibles and end up making the video more fun to watch.

I agree with most wrong coasters here. The CCDG guys are Def. Cali. there is no doubt there but they do seem to be genuinely having fun with the videos and they are doing a decent job trying to keep it light and entertaining and I can't say they are completely failing there. They are also doing voice over so it is much easier for them to offer insight as they are doing it after seeing the footage.

as for Crazy John/Greenie and the DG planet commentary. It is just garbage all the way around. they really need to do WAY more prep work for the broadcast and for god sake get their facts straight before speaking. I love the DG Planet concept and I need for it to be successful because I love the live aspect of the competition. but damn they make it hard to listen.

My favorites are usually the no commentary/no music videos, but it's nice to get the occasional disc info from the CCDG guys.

I'd love it if Feldburg started doing commentary.

I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they sound like a couple douchey surfer dudes. Who, in my opinion, perpetuate the stupid, burnout hippie stereotype that disc golf is trying to drop. But, to each his own...
LOL at your ignorance. I grew up on the central coast (Santa Maria), and the CCDG guys sound nothing like "stupid, burnout hippies" to me, they sound like me and my drug-free, non-surfing, polo-shirt wearing friends and relatives. Keep up the good work, CCDG.

I agree w tuna. Ccdg has good video but the commentary is unprofessional. Sounds like they are just goofing around. The last video (copenhagen) had a dog barking in the background for like 3 min! Not saying that crazy and greenwell are better but ccdg guys do sound like your stereotypical stoner/surfer/hippie. Some info they give is informative (disc selection, etc) but stop saying "man", "dude", and "hyzer bomb".

^ Another jackass for my ignore list. Thanks for quoting Golden Tuna because it reminded me why I put him on it in the first place :|

I knew I'd catch some flak from some of the losers on here.
Reason #1 disc golf will never make it out of the gutter & into main stream sports - the people who play the game...

At least someone gets it...

Whoa, just read all that.

First thanks for all the support and nice comments! It means a lot :) I like to say CCDG runs on nice comments, and you guys keep me going.

To the haters, whatever. I resent the fact that you think I sound like a burnedout hippie. I work as industrial engineer, have an 8 week old boy, and in my little spare time make disc golf videos for people to watch. I don't talk any different than my peers, it's just the way people talk here. I'm sure you have some kind of regional accent. Personally I like listening to people with different accents, it's fun to hear new phrases, but I'm a tolerator, not a hater. I don't think burnedout hippies use the word alliteration. :p I'm also not a douche, I'm a really nice guy. In fact I donated bone marrow twice to a random stranger. Would a douche do that?

As for the dogs barking in the CO video I seriously apologize, I offered to do it again but Juha was cool w/ it.

I usually offer a no commentary version with all my vids so if that's your thing, watch that. For most videos it gets 1% of the views of the commentary version. Read into that what you will...

CCDG out, I'll see if I can't get SM part 4 done tonight.

much love to the supporters,

Ian

I knew I'd catch some flak from some of the losers on here.
Reason #1 disc golf will never make it out of the gutter & into main stream sports - the people who play the game...

At least someone gets it...

I give your post: :thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

First thanks for all the support and nice comments! It means a lot :) I like to say CCDG runs on nice comments, and you guys keep me going.

To the haters, whatever. I resent the fact that you think I sound like a burnedout hippie. I work as industrial engineer, have an 8 week old boy, and in my little spare time make disc golf videos for people to watch. I don't talk any different than my peers, it's just the way people talk here. I'm sure you have some kind of regional accent. Personally I like listening to people with different accents, it's fun to hear new phrases, but I'm a tolerator, not a hater. I don't think burnedout hippies use the word alliteration. :p I'm also not a douche, I'm a really nice guy. In fact I donated bone marrow twice to a random stranger. Would a douche do that?

As for the dogs barking in the CO video I seriously apologize, I offered to do it again but Juha was cool w/ it.

I usually offer a no commentary version with all my vids so if that's your thing, watch that. For most videos it gets 1% of the views of the commentary version. Read into that what you will...

CCDG out, I'll see if I can't get SM part 4 done tonight.

Ian

Heck yeah! Santa Maria Open is so far my favorite coverage you guys have done so far. Keep it up guys, your doing more for the sport than any of your detractors will ever accomplish. :thmbup:

Ian

Thanks for putting out the videos -- it always perplexes me when people criticize volunteers. It's a very common occurrence in disc golf as there's little perspective as self-serving, self-absorbed people seem to have little else to do except bad-mouth what someone is giving them. Beggars can be choosers and when they are they're exasperating.

Cudo's for the bone marrow donations -- that's impressive.

Fyi -- I'm old, east-coasty and grumpy and never get/got a surfer/hippie/douchy vibe from your commentary. Seem straight-forward, well-informed and well-done to me. I wouldn't tell you if they stunk though, because it seems like my responsibility to not-watch stinky videos.

The other part critics seem to avoid is the idea that it's a talent to commentate -- you have talent. That talent may never make you any $$, but it's talent just the same.

Make more.

Thanks man! I totally agree. Kevin got some great angles for the 2nd camera. I just wish Youtube supported the 1080/60p we shot in, it looks so smooth.

Edit it in 30 (or even 24) and don't conform the footage.