• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

I think it favors righties, at least going for distance.

Played it today, I'm a leftie. You get a strong headwind coming off of the lake, so lefties have to go over trees or risk getting wet. Can't rely on fade of disc to pull it right onto land.
The new tee definitely makes the hole more challenging. That slight angle increases the risk of going for more distance. I doubt anyone plays for reaching the green in two.

Played it today, I'm a leftie. You get a strong headwind coming off of the lake, so lefties have to go over trees or risk getting wet. Can't rely on fade of disc to pull it right onto land.
The new tee definitely makes the hole more challenging. That slight angle increases the risk of going for more distance. I doubt anyone plays for reaching the green in two.
Yeah I figured lefties can't count on fading in over the lake, which is why it favors a righty turnover which will be longer than any kind of lefty hyzer.

Caddy book says hole 5 tee and 18 pier will be permanent fixtures now.

Permanent for USDGC or permanent for the course? Because that would be amazing if they stayed year round, but would be an insurance nightmare I would assume :\

I bet Simon Lizotte will try to play over and around everything ;)

Remember most of the performance players are ams.
To be fair... I didn't think about performance flight.

However, I still think its still more than ok to have a tee like this for a gold level course that hosts the USDGC. From the pics and my memory of how the hole has played in the past it looks like there is still an easy out by dumping a shot off to the right over the shortest portion of water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 82
The article linked above says 200'.
"Players mesmerized by the view will still have to find a way onto dry land, which for some, may end up being a 200-foot shot to the closest part of the fairway."

So is today the play-in day or whatever? Someone should go out there and film Mike C's round...

So is today the play-in day or whatever? Someone should go out there and film Mike C's round...

Monday Qualifying rounds will be held on September 29, 2014 on the Winthrop Gold Course. Pre-registration is not required. You may attempt to qualify as many times as you wish until 3:00pm. You do not have to finish your round in order to start over. It is $50 for the first round and $25 for each additional round regardless of how much of your round was played.

The top 5 scores after all rounds have been submitted will qualify for the USDGC Open Flight. In the case of a tie, a sudden death playoff will determine the winner. Tee off will be handled on a first come, first served basis and ends promptly at 3:00pm – any round started after this time will not be eligible.

It got wet real quick today. Supposed to dry out for an after lunch tee, but by then, the course will be (is) very wet.

Latest posts