• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Pro Worlds is in Pittsburgh, PA

Where's the announcement? Didn't see it on PDGA.com

Awesome! Although I hope to graduate and move on from Pittsburgh before then. Anyway, gotta start planning for a few 'D' pins at Deer Lakes to bump up the SSA and make the blue tees play like gold tees. :D

Finally! A Worlds close enough to NH for me to make the trip! I'll have to make sure to qualify that year!

Sweet. A little DG on TV over the next couple years will help grow your local player and spectator base. Here's the Pittsburgh public access station:

http://www.pctv21.org/#!

Get a club members registered with the station and I'd be happy to provide programming at no cost. There are some papers to fill out, a training session to attend and some modest fees, but that's all it takes to bring TV to town.

Who in Pittsburgh is up for the challenge?

Others out there who have public access tv in town can drop me a line. I've got shows for you.

And of course DGL welcomes your video submissions, so when there are course tour videos for those fabbo Pittsburgh area courses, I'll put those on TV and Youtube for viewers to enjoy.

Joe

Nice. Pittsburgh already has three great full courses, and if the initial 9 at Linbrook are an indication, they'll soon have a fourth. Except perhaps for Knob, however, it may not be so good for the pros who can't handle trees.

The City of Champions will host the Championship.

Fitting.

I would be willing to bet that Big Ben could get a forehand out past 350 feet within his first 15 throws with a little instruction.

Linbrook, Slippery Rock University, and a 2nd course at Moraine should all be done in time....though right now, Knob, Moraine, Deer Lakes, and Slippery Rock are the 4 courses being used. Linbrook was going to be used, but we did not get support from the park yet. Still a possibility.

Linbrook, Slippery Rock University, and a 2nd course at Moraine should all be done in time....though right now, Knob, Moraine, Deer Lakes, and Slippery Rock are the 4 courses being used. Linbrook was going to be used, but we did not get support from the park yet. Still a possibility.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have not heard of this... :popcorn:

Shouldnt this thread be called 2015 Worlds in the township of McCandless? I just wanted to to use the Township of McCandless in a post.

Actually isnt Zelionople a better host city?

I have family in Erie and Meadville and went to school in PA so I am allowed to comment on these things.

Shouldnt this thread be called 2015 Worlds in the township of McCandless? I just wanted to to use the Township of McCandless in a post.

Actually isnt Zelionople a better host city?

I have family in Erie and Meadville and went to school in PA so I am allowed to comment on these things.

Unless the pros are playing at Schenley and Phillips! lol

Isnt it #18 at Moraine with the OB Zones?
I'll pay for disc golf TV if they set up there.

:popcorn::popcorn:

The OB on 18 will most likely be modified for the event. I would imagine the OB area will be all one color rope that takes everyone to the drop zone. We will have to see what the PDGA makes us modify. We are hoping that John Houck will be the person to review the courses, and suggest the changes for our courses. Though I am sure there are a few things that we will not budge on.

Josh, When we did the proposal for Moraine back in 02-03, we had initially told them that we would want to build 2 courses at the park. Well, apparently that is looking like it will be coming into fruition soon. Most likely on the South Shore, but still possible that it will start near the present course. We were hoping this would have been built 5 years ago, but looks like it will happen as planned.