• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

It's interesting that last I checked on All Things Disc golf, their 2014 disc of the year poll has the Heat ahead by almost double the votes of the next highest disc. One website, one poll, I know, but there's got to be some relevancy to it.

They don't have a true Fairway setup that makes a ton of sense for people, either.
Those discs are there, but aside from maybe the XL, they just don't get a lot of love.

Discontinuing the X2 (the closest thing Discraft had to a Teebird) was a mistake IMO.

Those discs are there, but aside from maybe the XL, they just don't get a lot of love.

Discontinuing the X2 (the closest thing Discraft had to a Teebird) was a mistake IMO.

A ton of people in my area of texas thrown Discraft mids and putters. I think they do pretty well in their disc golf lineup just off of those.

A ton of people in my area of texas thrown Discraft mids and putters. I think they do pretty well in their disc golf lineup just off of those.

You've gotta have more than that to attract top pros. Or Gateway would have a bunch more.

Discraft fairways are so weird, but I think they make a good amount off of their mids. they really need to develop some normal speed 6/7 fairways instead of all the tweener fairways.

They have been doing good work developing fairway drivers the last few years. With the mantis and the heat I have filledbout my fairway driver line up

what do you use for an overstable fairway? do u just go straight to a predator?

what do you use for an overstable fairway? do u just go straight to a predator?

In the woods I live around I don't use much really stable fairway drivers. I keep a mantis, heat, and pred in my bag. I use tons of mids. Also cyclones pop in there

In the woods I live around I don't use much really stable fairway drivers. I keep a mantis, heat, and pred in my bag. I use tons of mids. Also cyclones pop in there

Charlotte local here! Thanks for answering I have always wondered that. I tried out a z cyclone recently it flew nicely also smacked that speed sign at Hornets hole 7 lol

Interesting. I, for some reason, thought you were an XL guy. What's the big difference between the XL and Mantis for you?

For whatever reason I don't get the impression that discraft is really making Pro sponsorship much of a priority these days. Which is odd to me, because back in the day when I was learning how to play they were promoting the heck out of disc golf and their pro team. I just don't see much of a commitment outside of Doss. And I'm sure their are plenty of up and coming players that would be kill for the exposure Discraft could give them.

Makes me wonder if Doss is going to stick it out. I mean I know he's been with them forever but still.

Interesting. I, for some reason, thought you were an XL guy. What's the big difference between the XL and Mantis for you?

I am an XL guy, just running out of the old ones I like. The mantis is like an updated XL for me and it allows me to throw them and not worry about losing them

For whatever reason I don't get the impression that discraft is really making Pro sponsorship much of a priority these days.

They have 59 players on their sponsored roster. Just because they're not all big touring names, doesn't mean they're not doing their part to support players.

Here is the thing about sponsorship to me; if the guys you sponsor promote the Hell out of your brand in the areas they play, that is going to sell a bunch of your discs regardless of if any of those guys are one of the "top guys." Guys like Scott Papa might not win World's, but I bet if you go to Tacoma you are going to see a lot of Discraft in players bags.

^^much much much more innova in the sound area than discraft. I would venture to say there is more trilogy as well nowadays. There are a few heavy discraft users but not as many as one would assume.

^^much much much more innova in the sound area than discraft. I would venture to say there is more trilogy as well nowadays. There are a few heavy discraft users but not as many as one would assume.

True, though you'll find a lot more people with Discraft in their bags in the Bremerton area than in other regions. But in any case, no matter the brand Scott was/is a great ambassador for the sport. Some pros, the extent of their growing the sport, appreciation of the game is a mumbled "thank you blahblahblah" at the awards ceremony. I suppose it does something to promote that particular company, but if I were the one paying the bills, I'd be trying to think of better ways of advertising.