• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open presented by Discraft

But that's the weekend of the American Open, Dana. Can't believe you're going to miss that one! LoL

New registration phase live tonight-https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Ledgestone_Insurance_Open_presented_by_Discraft_2016/register

How fast do we suppose it will fill? I have a class that starts at 6, should I show up a little late for class to make sure I get a spot or will I be fine waiting until around 11 tonight.

Secondly, I'm torn between open and adv. I'm playing open in the other dgpt stops (silver cup and majestic), though I don't plan on cashing even I wanted the experience and the am weekends didn't work for me - so is there an advantage to playing open over adv with no drive to cash. OR play adv, save my $100 on reg, get an awesome players pack, and likely be able to cash pretty well.

How fast do we suppose it will fill? I have a class that starts at 6, should I show up a little late for class to make sure I get a spot or will I be fine waiting until around 11 tonight.

Secondly, I'm torn between open and adv. I'm playing open in the other dgpt stops (silver cup and majestic), though I don't plan on cashing even I wanted the experience and the am weekends didn't work for me - so is there an advantage to playing open over adv with no drive to cash. OR play adv, save my $100 on reg, get an awesome players pack, and likely be able to cash pretty well.

Just to be safe, I would recommend signing up at 6PM. I say that because last year MPO filled in a few seconds and MA1 was right behind it at only 2 minutes. However, we have a lot more spots this year, but I think demand is higher as well.

Based on what you are saying, the main advantage to playing Open would be to experience the Lake Eureka Course in tournament conditions. Its one of the more challenging courses in the country, in my opinion. However, the course schedule is really strong for MA1, so I would probably recommend MA1.

Just to be safe, I would recommend signing up at 6PM. I say that because last year MPO filled in a few seconds and MA1 was right behind it at only 2 minutes. However, we have a lot more spots this year, but I think demand is higher as well.

Based on what you are saying, the main advantage to playing Open would be to experience the Lake Eureka Course in tournament conditions. Its one of the more challenging courses in the country, in my opinion. However, the course schedule is really strong for MA1, so I would probably recommend MA1.

Thanks for the quick response! Looks like I'll be late for class this evening. Can't wait for this event! It looks amazing, thanks for all the hard work!!

Just got signed up in the exciting flurry of a couple hundred registrants in the first 15 minutes this evening. Looks like it's slowing to a more reasonable pace for now. (though Novice is full, Rec is half filled, etc)

Just got signed up in the exciting flurry of a couple hundred registrants in the first 15 minutes this evening. Looks like it's slowing to a more reasonable pace for now. (though Novice is full, Rec is half filled, etc)

It was pretty crazy watching it on my end.

As of last night at 9:30PM we had 462 people signed up and now we have 527 signed up.

I didn't expect to fill it up right away only because there were just so many spots available. Also, a lot of people have not gotten tax refunds yet so I think we will steadily see the number climb. Even since 6AM this morning another 20 people have signed up.

Exploring lodging options. There's the host hotel. Are there any other (read cheap) lodging options available? What about camping? Any good centrally located campground?

It was pretty crazy watching it on my end.

I imagine that's one of the understatements of the month!

Just wanted to let you know what a great job you've done with this event by relating a personal anecdote. My buddy and I have played in the last four BG Ams, and enjoyed that experience each time. However, this past year, we both decided we were looking for a new adventure, and Ledgestone was our first and only thought when we decided to look for the next challenge. Thank You! Looking forward to August!

Exploring lodging options. There's the host hotel. Are there any other (read cheap) lodging options available? What about camping? Any good centrally located campground?

from my experience last year, you want the host hotel. it is so close to everything, the player party is there, as well as check in.

As for hotels, this website will have our full list:

http://lisopen.com/event/hotels/

Right now we just have one hotel listed, but we have 3 more coming that will be listed in the next few days.

The Ashland House is not the location of the player's party this year as we had to go with a bigger venue.

However, its still in the middle of a lot of what is happening.

As for camping, we are coordinating some camping options at Wildlife Prairie Park in Peoria, which is the location of one of our courses, and will have those options posted soon.

Just wanted to let you know what a great job you've done with this event by relating a personal anecdote. My buddy and I have played in the last four BG Ams, and enjoyed that experience each time. However, this past year, we both decided we were looking for a new adventure, and Ledgestone was our first and only thought when we decided to look for the next challenge. Thank You! Looking forward to August!

Thanks, it is much appreciated. We will try not to let you down!

We now have over 600 spots filled for the event. Don't wait to get signed up!

Nate, I see that the Sunday rounds for many pools will be split into shotgun starts at 8AM or noon, based on scores from the first two rounds. Which halves will tee off in the morning, those with the better scores or worse scores.

Nate, I see that the Sunday rounds for many pools will be split into shotgun starts at 8AM or noon, based on scores from the first two rounds. Which halves will tee off in the morning, those with the better scores or worse scores.

Good question - worse scores will tee off in the morning.