• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Idlewild Open Aug. 17-19 Burlington, Ky

So what determines the feature card.. is it voted or picked by the Nati? Any idea when it will be announced? I can only go the opening day but looking forward to it.

So what determines the feature card.. is it voted or picked by the Nati? Any idea when it will be announced? I can only go the opening day but looking forward to it.

I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I'm not a FB member, so I cant look at the event page. If you have FB you might be able to find that out for yourself. Or post the question if it isn't already there. Most of the info I've have been posting is from the Nati and GCFDA FB pages, which are open to view by non members.

20664141_10155636208481340_2860627671071343153_n.jpg

Just word of warning to anyone coming south to play/spectate/volunteer,. The I71/75 bridge at the Ohio river has construction on it. Most of the time its down to one lane and has traffic stacked up on it. So plan on leaving at least 30min earlier than you normally would...

Just word of warning to anyone coming south to play/spectate/volunteer,. The I71/75 bridge at the Ohio river has construction on it. Most of the time its down to one lane and has traffic stacked up on it. So plan on leaving at least 30min earlier than you normally would...

Don't forget your passport, either.

I have always wanted to play this course. I'm excited to see the coverage and how the pros attack what has a reputation of being a seriously difficult, but fair course.

Paul's already out there practicing. Group there watching said on FB he called an ace on 9 and hit it with a Roc3. Hannah might have filmed it.. Apparently he isn't looking for a deuce on 2 as he doesn't see a line.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how anyone could get a deuce on two short of a throw in; if it's tight at the end I could definitely see someone getting to the water's edge and running it, but I don't really see how anyone could see a line. But I'd LOVE to be proven wrong!

The forecast for Thursday keeps changing pretty much every hour, so I wouldn't put any stock in it whatsoever until Wednesday

Paul's already out there practicing. Group there watching said on FB he called an ace on 9 and hit it with a Roc3. Hannah might have filmed it.

Yeup, posted on his Facebook page; pretty sick, but the basket hadn't been raised yet. Will be interesting to see how raising that basket plays with the ceiling on that hole

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how anyone could get a deuce on two short of a throw in; if it's tight at the end I could definitely see someone getting to the water's edge and running it, but I don't really see how anyone could see a line. But I'd LOVE to be proven wrong!

Shusterick and Feldberg got a deuce on this hole in the KY State Doubles Championship when Will put his drive 14 feet from the basket.

Did they cut a tree down? That line looks a lot more open than it used to...

Checked a vid of a friend throwing this hole in Feb 2016 and no trees have been removed. It looks like hanging branches from the top and right of the gap have been trimmed though

Latest posts