• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Is it just me or does it seem like he's just using Discraft as a stepping stone to get paid, make his own line of discs, then branch off his own company?
This makes Discraft sound weak and niave. From what I gather it's more of a partnership than a sponsorship, especially with McBeth mentioning it being a shared vision for the future. If he does branch off and make his own line of discs in the future I'd be willing to bet they're made in Michigan.

This makes Discraft sound weak and niave.

If he does branch off and make his own line of discs in the future I'd be willing to bet they're made in Michigan.

He said he's gonna make his own line in the podcast, but he was also kinda sheepish about it (my perception) even though I know it's not got a timeline, it sounded to me like he didn't want to talk about it too much since this is supposed to me about Discraft right now.

He said he's gonna make his own line in the podcast, but he was also kinda sheepish about it (my perception) even though I know it's not got a timeline, it sounded to me like he didn't want to talk about it too much since this is supposed to me about Discraft right now.
My point was he has a long term plan with Discraft, not a 4 year pump and dump. He mentioned an equal vision for the future with Discraft so I'd assume any plans he has involves them manufacturing discs for him if he decides to make his own brand.

My point was he has a long term plan with Discraft, not a 4 year pump and dump. He mentioned an equal vision for the future with Discraft so I'd assume any plans he has involves them manufacturing discs for him if he decides to make his own brand.

:doh: When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle - Mia Wallace, Pulp Fiction

Discraft, here is you'all a promo idea.

The scene in the Hall of Fame Classic that MJ won; where MJ throws a beautiful tunnel shot and you hear Paul in the background say "How does he do that?".
Cut to Paul holding a Discraft disc and throwing the same line.
After the disc lands, have Paul speak off camera "that's how he did it"

bumping this outstanding idea. PMB (we know you are here) or Jomez please make this happen!

Mornin', ladies. My goodness, don't you look happy. Must be cuttin' somebody up pretty good - Andy Griffith, The Andy Griffith Show

Is it just me or does it seem like he's just using Discraft as a stepping stone to get paid, make his own line of discs, then branch off his own company?

So, just like many professionals in the world. Go to work for a big company, get paid, gain experience and training, use knowledge and experience gained to branch out on your own. Surprisingly, this has literally worked for thousands of years.

So, just like many professionals in the world. Go to work for a big company, get paid, gain experience and training, use knowledge and experience gained to branch out on your own. Surprisingly, this has literally worked for thousands of years.

I'm not questioning if it's good long term for McBeth, I'm questioning if it will be good long term for Discraft. Sure they'll bump sales but will they be any stronger when he leaves again, is my question.

I'm not questioning if it's good long term for McBeth, I'm questioning if it will be good long term for Discraft. Sure they'll bump sales but will they be any stronger when he leaves again, is my question.

The onus is on Discraft to step up their presence, market more effectively, and use the opportunities McBeth is going to unquestionably give them over the next 4 years. This deal is mutually beneficial (or they wouldn't pay him), but it's on Discraft to take advantage of the situation. At this point, Paul literally owes them only 4 years.

I think even even if mcbeth plans on having a separate brand at some point, discraft is smart to partner with him early on regardless. They already make discs for multiple brands, they realize that he is a huge name so will sell discs (regardless of what people on here claim at times, lol) so in the end if he did want to separate himself completely, he still would need a company to manufacture the discs and distribute, etc.

Could he leave for another bidder again after all that? Sure. But it's a lot less likely if he has all those connections and needs meet already.

Also, I can't see the motivation to make his own discs. His own line by discraft? Of course. Both parties benefit. But a separate company is a tall order that would take a long time to start up, plus there is plenty of competition already.

In 4 years Paul and Discraft might want to part ways. A lot can happen between now and then.
I also don't see him making his own discs in the future. I think that's a crazy speculation.

I also don't see him making his own discs in the future. I think that's a crazy speculation.

He's already talked about his partnership with Discraft in making his own discs (or having his own line within discraft, or whatever). He didn't delve into it, but that's part of the deal.

In 4 years Paul and Discraft might want to part ways. A lot can happen between now and then.
In the abstract I could see a relationship where McBeth owned a company like Millennium with Discraft doing the manufacturing. That's basically what Dynamic is; other people make stuff and they slap their logo on it and SELL!!! So McBeth as the new Rusco with McBeast discs and McBeast shirts all over the place. I can see that.

It wouldn't make any sense for Discraft to be paying McBeth a $1,000,000 to do that, though. They are paying him to get Discraft on Jomez lead card coverage. They are not going to pay him $1,000,000 to start another disc golf company. Plus if he was busy being the next Rusco, he wouldn't have time to devote to playing disc golf and being on Jomez lead card coverage anyway. The only way this deal makes any business sense at all is that McBeth is going to be flinging Discraft discs, promoting Discraft discs, getting Discraft views on social media every week. That's the only thing that makes sense. If that doesn't happen, Discraft has signed a very, very bad deal.

This is gonna be...

tenor.gif

The only way this deal makes any business sense at all is that McBeth is going to be flinging Discraft discs, promoting Discraft discs, getting Discraft views on social media every week. That's the only thing that makes sense. If that doesn't happen, Discraft has signed a very, very bad deal.

In his interview, I believe he said he was allowed to throw DGA and such, but intended to throw and focus on Discraft molds. I doubt we'll learn exactly what his "line" is until they are ready with the marketing release, but he seemed like he had no concerns with finding everything he needs within their lineup for now.

He's going to be designing his own discs, he said it himself. Discraft will be manufacturing them. What do you want, Paul to hand spin molds with a manual router tool?

LET'S SEE HOW FINE WE CAN SPLIT THOSE HAIRS PEOPLE

That would be fabrication, he's not doing that either.
Why you yelling? You mad? ;)