• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Hannah did make references to Ultimate in the snow globe post.

Was this a reference to Discraft, being they are ultimate Ultimate disc provider, or to something deeper?

No just that Discraft is the largest producer of ultimate discs. I know nothing about ultimate but assume Discraft is the sole provider of discs to ultimate leagues (this is just an assumption with no knowledge).

No just that Discraft is the largest producer of ultimate discs. I know nothing about ultimate but assume Discraft is the sole provider of discs to ultimate leagues (this is just an assumption with no knowledge).

I know Innova has/had a deal to provide their pulsar to one of the ultimate pro leagues, but I'm not sure how involved they actually are and if that deal is even still in place

So is this Eagle trolling (from his latest vlog)...

2e4fDA0.png

Looks like he has another diac on the other side causing a double image on the writing.

It most diffently has the Discraft ring, that is clearly visible. The image has been touched up to blurr the ring, it has been disconnected from itself.
I would almost guess that it is a Nuke, I can make a N and an E. Perhaps double exposed with a Force.

Looks like he has another diac on the other side causing a double image on the writing.

It most diffently has the Discraft ring, that is clearly visible. The image has been touched up to blurr the ring, it has been disconnected from itself.
I would almost guess that it is a Nuke, I can make a N and an E. Perhaps double exposed with a Force.

Z force or Z flick? Hard to tell.

Ah I hadn't thought about the second disc. Makes sense why I couldn't read it now :(.

I found it strange that in a disc golf store he could have picked up any disc and he picked up some Discraft. That plus Eagle being listed on the card in Paul's video (along with Uli, who is rumored to be going to DC and Barsby), makes me wonder if he's hinting or simply trolling.

Edit- I also found it a little strange that DiscMania didn't mention Eagle in their story about moving to Colorado.

If you watch Eagle's vlog it's just some disc he picked up while walking around the store. He picked up another one a little later in the video. It doesn't look like he paid any attention at all to what discs he was picking up and waving around.

Nothing against Jamie, who is a good dude, but he does not have the inside scoop here. He is obviously speculating, which most of us do on this site, but in this case...read on.

As I said, watch for an announcement tomorrow. This image may or may not be real, but if it is real, then keep an eye out :)

As I said somewhere else, this was intentional. This has nothing to do with Discraft not owning the move. If this was announced on Discraft's channel there would have been no suspense. Announcing on Jomez's channel added more suspense.

I can assure you that Discraft is ready for this and excited for this. The website is a work in progress as well as the new team pages. It will get there. Discraft has been 100% focused on McBeth the last few weeks. Discraft and their employees are SUPER pumped about this.

I'm starting to think you were just messing with us about an announcement today. Unless you are talking about Jomez's Instagram story where you can vote on McBuzzz or McForce

plus Eagle being listed on the card in Paul's video (along with Uli, who is rumored to be going to DC and Barsby),

That was a made up graphic, or one reused from an earlier tourney. They filmed that at Turner Park in DFW while Jomez was in town to film the VPO. Eagle and Simon were the only big-name pros at that event.

I'm 100% certain because Paul was seen there within the last couple weeks and that's one of the few holes I've hit chains but had it spit out.

I'm starting to think you were just messing with us about an announcement today. Unless you are talking about Jomez's Instagram story where you can vote on McBuzzz or McForce

The PDGA Radio podcast released an interview with Paul today.

Paul hinted that an announcement about his discs would come out 'very soon after the podcast'. So it does sound like something will come out later today or tomorrow.

I don't have an exact timestamp on hand, but the whole interview is worth listening to, there's some very interesting stuff in there.

Last edited:
That was a made up graphic, or one reused from an earlier tourney. They filmed that at Turner Park in DFW while Jomez was in town to film the VPO. Eagle and Simon were the only big-name pros at that event.

I'm 100% certain because Paul was seen there within the last couple weeks and that's one of the few holes I've hit chains but had it spit out.

Of course it was a made up graphic, but why pick those 3 names? I get they wanted that suspense, and that's why they probably didn't put Doss, MJ, and Turner on the graphic. It's probably nothing, but I just found it interesting that one of the names on the card is already rumored to be heading to Discraft and the other two are free agents AFAIK.

The PDGA Radio podcast released an interview with Paul today.

Paul hinted that an announcement about his discs would come out 'very soon after the podcast'. So it does sound like something will come out later today or tomorrow.

I don't have an exact timestamp on hand, but the whole interview is worth listening to, there's some very interesting stuff in there.

Yeah I listened to it as well. I was just wondering if Discraft and Paul intended to put it out today but couldn't get the media stuff together. In fairness that has been a knock in the past. I like the direction Discraft is headed and the lack of media stuff in the past doesn't bother me. But it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the media stuff is behind and they don't get an announcement out today.

After listening to the podcast, it's cool to hear Mcbeth actually have good things to say about discraft as a company. I throw a lot of their plastic and have been convinced that the move was happening, but I feared it was almost just a political move, or something for show. "I'm Paul Mcbeth and I'll even go to discraft!". As I say, nice to see that he's actually excited about the changes and the company overall.

Is it just me or does it seem like he's just using Discraft as a stepping stone to get paid, make his own line of discs, then branch off his own company?

Is it just me or does it seem like he's just using Discraft as a stepping stone to get paid, make his own line of discs, then branch off his own company?

Yes, and definitely a smart move in the long run imop. He will be 32 years old when the contract expires. I wonder if he'll have his own course built by then?