• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Beaver State Fling

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Enjoying the free live stream on YouTube.
One day I gotta play Milo.

Kinda cool they got McBeth, Doss, Wysocki, and Uli on on the same card. 11 World Championships on that card.

World Champ arithmetic:
McBeth > Doss + Wysocki

Last edited:
[COLOR=var(--text)]What are we going to see out of Handley for the final round?
It feels like she's been in this position 9 or 10 times before with just one win to show for it and mostly very bad final rounds.[/COLOR]

Great finish for Handley for the win!
I hope this gives her the boost of confidence she needs to be a regular winner.
They showed a stat that in the previous 14 rounds where she held the lead her average round rating was 926 - that's 50 below her rating.

Im probably alone but, i can't take the switching to catch cam anymore. It's a bad vantage point and ruins the shots. If they'd kept it to when the disc was literally out of sight i would be fine. But no.
My complaint with watching tournaments played on these long, mostly open courses is that it's impossible to get a sense of direction. Very often on tee shots and long 2nd shots the viewer doesn't know if it's a good shot or not.
Give me a wooded course anyday.

My complaint with watching tournaments played on these long, mostly open courses is that it's impossible to get a sense of direction. Very often on tee shots and long 2nd shots the viewer doesn't know if it's a good shot or not.
Give me a wooded course anyday.
I wonder how difficult it would be for the video teams to superimpose an arrow, or other marker showing the basket and/or target for the throw? (Just on long throws where the path is not obvious.)
It may be difficult, especially if the tech doesn't know the intended path.

I just think there's some drastic skills issue at play with the production and setup when it all comes together.

I understand live vs post produced is vastly different however they have a dedicated team just for this specific task and somehow they keep getting it wrong.

When you compare it to how terry can show up to an event in his van and a friend can setup logical film spots and edit inbetween his job commentating other events and never leave the viewer curious where the shot is going it makes me second guess what this dgpt team is actually doing.

Even disc golf monthly with cubby way back in the day had this figured out filming wooded courses.

There's even pros filming their own practice rounds with eachother who seem to grasp this concept and yield better results.

Dgpt is screwing up.

Yeah. For some reason I feel like it has gotten worse instead of better over the last year. I could do with less cutting to roving cameraman with dude on the third or fourth card who is shooting a hot round and less following around a player who has just made a crap shot to get their reaction and maybe an additional camera in the mix following the hole itself.

Probably more Jomez related, but was out of town this weekend and just now getting around to watching round 1.

Good god it's terrible. Sexton, Ulibarri, and Jerm have zero flow anymore. Sexton and Uli seem fairly concise and natural, but Jerm sounds like he's doing live commentary on a post pro video…saying way too much because he thinks he has to fill time.

It's obvious they're all doing their own things at this point and getting all 3 together is getting more difficult. It did get into a bit better rhythm later on, but it simply sounds like 3 individuals instead of one team. Which is a shame because Milo is gorgeous, kinda wanna turn it off but feel obligated to keep watching.

Seems like DGPT is still figuring out how Jomez fits into their media plan. They keep pumping live coverage, and it's gotten better over the years but they still have some donkey moments. I don't think the multi card integration works, especially at the expense of losing post pro from other media teams. If I wasn't a fan of the players on the Jomez card I could watch second or even third coverage if I preferred the players or even commentators.

DGPT would be better off rotating duties amongst a dedicated pool of live commentary people and bringing guys like Queen, Fish, or whoever as a dedicated Jomez team. It's like Jomez is afraid to break up the band because it's been their identity forever but it's at the consequence of an inferior product now.

Yeah. For some reason I feel like it has gotten worse instead of better over the last year. I could do with less cutting to roving cameraman with dude on the third or fourth card who is shooting a hot round and less following around a player who has just made a crap shot to get their reaction and maybe an additional camera in the mix following the hole itself.
Agreed. They are not doing enough Hole Previews during the live broadcast because they are jumping around so much trying to catch all the action. I'm okay with seeing the action on other cards a minute or two late so they can reset and keep the viewer better informed on what is going on. There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed/cleaned up IMO.

None of this makes me want to subscribe to DGN. The Jomez FPO coverage is perfect.

Reactions: g20
just watched final round jomez.
why were spectators allowed in those 2 places where they were in danger of being hit (16,17)? i can't believe how close gannon comes to hitting someone (a child even) with a high speed driver on 16. does luke make the island w/o the crowd stopping the skip off the road? wtf bsf.

just watched final round jomez.
why were spectators allowed in those 2 places where they were in danger of being hit (16,17)? i can't believe how close gannon comes to hitting someone (a child even) with a high speed driver on 16. does luke make the island w/o the crowd stopping the skip off the road? wtf bsf.
If you've spent any time around the tour you'd quickly realize that there's basically no enforcement of where spectators can and can't be ahead of the shots, especially in the woods. There's just not enough staff and they primarily rely on the players to direct spectators where not to stand.

Latest posts