• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Majestic

ru4por

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Awesome vintage tournament. Awesome to see VisionQuest being played. The course looks good and I have not seen it on footage too often. Here are the first couple rounds. I would love to hear some VisionQuest or BRP opinions and musings.

Are they calling it Visionquest again? We played it last year when Cale bought it and it was called the Airborne Hollows course or something. It was basically just Visionquest though.

Are they calling it Visionquest again? We played it last year when Cale bought it and it was called the Airborne Hollows course or something. It was basically just Visionquest though.
Tall Paul and Humphries were calling it The Hollows. I am kind of curious how much of it is still VQ? VQ was kind of a divisive course on here. Eyeballing a Minn trip for next year's Masters Worlds....both tracks, of course, on my radar.

Last edited:
It's was exactly the same as VQ except the last hole. Fun course but not as good as it was hyped up to be. BRP is pretty damn fun though.

VQ was in nice shape when I played it in 2019, and I had a great time. Really appreciated that they gave you a self sticking foam floater to attach to the bottom of your favorite driver.

Thought the last hole, which teed off from a floating dock in the middle of the pond was gimmicky, but unique and kinda cool. My only beef with that hole was the platform bounced a bit on a aggressive X-step.

Bottom line is, my son and I had a blast playing VQ. Easy 4.0 for me. I can see how subsequent lack of maintenance drop the rating. Glad Cale purchased it and is featuring it in the event.

Few courses get as much love as BRP. Great course. IMHO, a tad overrated, but still a great course and easy 4.0 from me. I can see 4.25 4.3'ish.

Personally, Bryant Lake was my favorite of what we played in that area.

RU: suggest you hit Hiestand and/or Vallarta-Ast Token Creek Park around Madison, WI on the inbound or outbound leg of that road trip. Hardly any detour and both really fun to play.