• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

Next week, my son and I are heading to the ATL and Truist Park, for DG/Ballpark Road Trip #11. 🏟️ ⚾

Mandos on the itinerary:
Harmon Hills
Perkerson
NGCT (Red Hawk & OG)
Hobbs Farm
Boundary Waters
Little Mulberry
Gatewood

Time permitting/at our convenience:
East Roswell
Alexander
DeKalb
Athens (TN)
Johnson Hills (OH)
The Vineyard (OH)
...maybe something close to I-75 in KY if it fits 😉

Five of these are repeats for me (but worth playing again), and all are new for him.

By my personal count, I'm currently sitting at 493 (484 on DGCR + 9 unlisted courses), so I should be able to notch #500 this trip. 😁

Gonna try to visit the College Football HOF while we're in town. 🏈
I've seen you post about these trips before and really like the concept. Planning to do something similar with my boys when they're older.

I'm all set to visit friends in Burlington Vermont next month! Looks like they have some 9-hole courses and even an 18 close to town, so it should be a good trip!

I also reserved a couple of tee times over at some place called Smuggler's Notch in case time permits.

I'm all set to visit friends in Burlington Vermont next month! Looks like they have some 9-hole courses and even an 18 close to town, so it should be a good trip!

I also reserved a couple of tee times over at some place called Smuggler's Notch in case time permits.
Looks like there are a couple of courses over in NY, if you haven't bagged that state yet. Probably need to take the ferry across the lake, extra adventure!!

Burlington is great! I haven't had a chance to play much disc golf there (would gently recommend Trapp Family Lodge if you have time after Smuggler's). But it's a fun area. Enjoy your trip!

Looks like there are a couple of courses over in NY, if you haven't bagged that state yet. Probably need to take the ferry across the lake, extra adventure!!
I saw that - not sure I'll get over there on this trip. I'm teaching at a band camp in Kansas in August though, so my thought is I can sneak at least one round somewhere in that state, and that and Vermont will get me to 10 so I can add another silver badge on my page.
Burlington is great! I haven't had a chance to play much disc golf there (would gently recommend Trapp Family Lodge if you have time after Smuggler's). But it's a fun area. Enjoy your trip!
I'll keep it in mind in case we decide to play multiple days - Smuggs is going to be an afternoon/evening thing due to a fundraising tournament in the morning. Thanks for the heads up!

If you can fit it into your plans, I'd highly suggest Black Falls.

Black Falls DGC

It's a really fun course, that predominantly wooded with wonderful elevation, just under an hour's drive from Smugg's. Really an enjoyable round.

I got a three day weekend coming up starting next Saturday, flying solo, so I'm looking to hit anywhere from 14 to 18 courses in west WI and sneak over into MN to bag some things. Nothing spectacular but after the Oregon trip I'm fine with some ho hum bumfuck nowhere bags. I tend to go pretty hard on solo trips too so looking forward to this one.

Almost got Thursday worked out, I still got to work in the morning on Friday, so a close trip might be in order this week.

Thinking of hitting some Mike Brown designed courses in Louisiana. Last course would be 3 hours or less from home so I can get up to work by 10am the next morning.

Visiting my college roommate for the upcoming weekend. Her family surprised me with a beach trip to Cape Henlopen State Park. If I can get over my fear of the potential for ticks I'm gonna bring a few discs and play a few holes. It'll be the first Steady Ed course I've played.
Have fun! Just check yourself periodically, and thoroughly when you get back to the car and it should be okay. I've pulled them off me 2-3 times so far this year. Nasty things, but they take a bit to really latch on in my experience.

Visiting my college roommate for the upcoming weekend. Her family surprised me with a beach trip to Cape Henlopen State Park. If I can get over my fear of the potential for ticks I'm gonna bring a few discs and play a few holes. It'll be the first Steady Ed course I've played.

I would recommend playing in the morning. That sand can get pretty hot. And you will be surprised at how much more of a leg workout playing in the sand is. Have fun.

Have fun! Just check yourself periodically, and thoroughly when you get back to the car and it should be okay. I've pulled them off me 2-3 times so far this year. Nasty things, but they take a bit to really latch on in my experience.
Thankfully I haven't had any on me yet this year. Definitely going to do a thorough check. Maybe the ocean water will take away any stragglers.

I would recommend playing in the morning. That sand can get pretty hot. And you will be surprised at how much more of a leg workout playing in the sand is. Have fun.
Thanks! I hope to get there early but I'm at the mercy of the person driving. We're coming from just south of Baltimore. Should I play in sneakers or am I good in sandals?

Heading back to PA for a week at the end of the month. Here's the must hit list:

Nockamixon (I believe almost everything there is playable again)
AGA farms (hopefully)
Jordan Creek

I have a lot of the area already hit as I grew up there plus stop in usually once a year.
Itinerary:

Friday: Nockamixon. AGA is likely going to be a miss.
Saturday: Moore Township (weather permitting; looks like that may be a sunrise round)
Sunday: not playing
Monday: South Mountain
Tuesday: Jordan
Wednesday: Covered Bridges/Neff's

Trying to stay close to Whitehall as that's where my mother is and will only have mornings to throw