• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley goes to Oregon 2024

Day 11 complete.

The last full day Oregon. Stayed in Salem last night so we left from there and started out with Oregon State Hospital. Nice warm up course. Mostly open with a few scattered trees nicer about 5 minutes from our hotel. Pretty basic but fun.

The we headed up to Wheatland DGC. Pretty park and a more open style course. Still enough stuff in the way that it fun. Best part was not searching in ferns for discs :p

Then we headed to Dave Heider DGC. Awesome backyard course, one of the nicer ones I've played actually. Very fun golf on this one. Super glad we got this one in. Highlight of the day for sure.

Finished things off with the 23 hole layout at Champoeg. Completely flat park style golf. Still fun but definitely the least impressive of the state parks we played in on this trip. At this point we were perfectly fine with park style lol.

We don't fly out until about 6 tomorrow so we're going to hit a 9 and a 12 before we limp our ass to the airport. Supposed to be hot tomorrow but it shouldn't take long to play those two. All the discs are packed up already except an Atom and a Northman.

Day 11 complete.

Looks like y'all have had a great trip. Thanks for scouting (and reviewing) courses for when we visit this summer! :)

The last full day Oregon. Stayed in Salem last night so we left from there and started out with Oregon State Hospital. Nice warm up course. Mostly open with a few scattered trees nicer about 5 minutes from our hotel. Pretty basic but fun.

Do you have any idea how much it bugs me that I have thrown discs at Oregon State Hospital, even practiced putting, but never played the course. 🤯

Looks like y'all have had a great trip. Thanks for scouting (and reviewing) courses for when we visit this summer! :)

Do you have any idea how much it bugs me that I have thrown discs at Oregon State Hospital, even practiced putting, but never played the course. 🤯

Not a problem. I enjoy scouting. ;)

I had to go back and read your post about Oregon State Hospital. I remember you recommended it but didn't realize you didn't actually play it.

Day 12 down.

We flew back and have the fun middle of the night 2 1/2 drive home now.

Snuck in two more quick ones before flying out. Ewing Young first, a 12 hole one. Hilly and decent. Nothing special though.

Then Herbert Hoover park. A pretty fun but short 9. Both less than ten minutes from our hotel. Easy pelts.

So 36 courses in Oregon and 7 in Washington. 43 total courses in twelve days is slightly more than I was planning on. All in all a fantastic trip. We loved it over there.