• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley goes to Oregon 2024

Appreciate the heads up. I'm thinking either Wednesday or Thursday I'll get over there so hopefully that's before they start then. I already made it a priority but now it sounds like an absolute must play.
It is. Tight lines, elevation. You can warm up on Lil' Stubb, then play the 18 hole competition course, then cool down with 9 more ace run attempts. While you're on the course, any tree with a color band spray painted on it is targeted for removal.

It is. Tight lines, elevation. You can warm up on Lil' Stubb, then play the 18 hole competition course, then cool down with 9 more ace run attempts. While you're on the course, any tree with a color band spray painted on it is targeted for removal.
Once again, thanks for the heads up. I had looked at Hares Canyon years ago before ever considering flying out there. I think I overlooked it since it doesn't show up on the map now for whatever reason. Need to play it now. Sounds like I'll luck out like I did with the IDGC.

Looks like you are headed to MSP today, have a great trip and great weather!!

Flew out of Minneapolis to Portland today. Everything went smooth and we had a couple extra hours before it got dark so we hit Dabney S.P. What a fantastic introduction to Oregon disc golf. Beautiful course with a mostly wooded design. Right up my alley. Wasn't expecting to play anything today honestly, so this was a treat.

Milo, Timber and probably something else tomorrow since we already bagged Dabney.

When you playing Horning's Hideout?!

Day 2 down. And it was a good one. Started out with the combined 27 east/west layout at Milo from mostly the longs. A couple baskets still weren't in place yet because of BSF yesterday but regardless, Outstanding course. Loved every second of it.

Then we hit up Timber park just down the road. Decent course with 21 holes. Plenty of fun and well worth a stop since we were there.

After that we headed to L.L. Stub Stewart. What a freaking gorgeous area and some darn fun DG. Started out at the little 3 hole putter course by the campground. The we hit Hares Canyon and last was Lil Stubb. Hares Canyon was outstanding hilly woods golf. So glad we didn't miss this one @geebob .

What a great start to the trip. Three courses ahead of schedule even. Tomorrow's Pier, Blue Lake and sneaking a couple in over the border for state 26. Weather looks good for the next few days too.

I just yesterday heard really good things about Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wa. It's a little ways out the Columbia River Gorge but there's a bridge crossing near there. Just throwing it out there if you happen to be out that way tomorrow. There's a few others out there you could bag also.

I just yesterday heard really good things about Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Wa. It's a little ways out the Columbia River Gorge but there's a bridge crossing near there. Just throwing it out there if you happen to be out that way tomorrow. There's a few others out there you could bag also.

I had looked into that actually. We'll be playing some closer ones tomorrow before hitting Horning's hideout on Wednesday. Might do Buxton woods that day too if possible. So many courses, so little time (and energy) 😁

I had looked into that actually. We'll be playing some closer ones tomorrow before hitting Horning's hideout on Wednesday. Might do Buxton woods that day too if possible. So many courses, so little time (and energy) 😁
Are Hagg Lake(Sains Scoggins) and Champoeg on the list?

Is McCormick on your list? It was one of the last Portland area courses for me to check off. I had 0 expectations, figured it would just be another decent park course, but it ended up really surprising me--in a good way. A little out of the way, but I think I liked it more than some of the better known courses around.

Is McCormick on your list? It was one of the last Portland area courses for me to check off. I had 0 expectations, figured it would just be another decent park course, but it ended up really surprising me--in a good way. A little out of the way, but I think I liked it more than some of the better known courses around.
Bryant Park is that way for me, one of my favorites in Oregon honestly.

Hi Tim! :)

Yes it is. I'm playing that on my way up to Longview on Thursday. Should be the highlight of that day.

if your coming back down i5 on thursday (or today after hockinson) you should hit up Paradise Point DGC just for the throw through the pillars under the freeway... but maybe not worth getting the day-use pass(10$); you play fast enough it's unlikely you'll get a ticket

Bryant Park is that way for me, one of my favorites in Oregon honestly.

Hi Tim! :)
Howdy Thomas 👋

I played Bryant a long time ago, I don't remember a lot about it, but I recall it taking my lunch money. If I'm thinking of the right course there were some cool holes--one playing out of the woods, across a field and into the woods again. Something about an old concrete building. Maybe one that crossed paths with some sweet bike jumps?

Bryant is fun. Used to be Oregon relatives' home course when they lived in Albany.

Rough is rough, spotters advised on many holes.

Yes it is. I'm playing that on my way up to Longview on Thursday. Should be the highlight of that day.
I guess I could have looked at the beginning of the thread. Yeah no experience with the 9 hole courses around there, but I like McCormick better than Trojan. Trojan is certainly worth the experience though, if a bit punishing.

Latest posts