• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute presented by Alpine Ski Center - Charlotte 6/23 - 6/24

Script

Eagle Member
This deserves a new thread, as we just picked up a primary sponsor! The old thread is just me blabbing :D.

First post has been updated.

2 Day C-Tier with $300 Added Pro Purse

Disc Golfers

Welcome to the 21 Hole Salute Official Website. The purpose of the site is to keep updated information about this tournament on a day-by-day year-by-year basis.

This year's tournament got a big boost from Alpine Ski Center in Charlotte, NC. Please go visit them and thank them for their kind donations and support for the local disc golf community.

This year's event is a 2 day event that starts on June 23rd and is located at RL Smith Park in Charlotte, NC (The home of the worlds!).

RL Smith plays a key role in the 2012 World Championships, as the MA1 field will be playing this course twice. The 21 Hole Salute will also be the first ever sanctioned tournament at this fantastic course. Are there any more reasons not to sign up?

Actually there are! $300 added cash to pros, lots of hole sponsorships coming in, big chunks of merchandise already donated. 3 additional holes located around the soccer fields that will make you sweat. Field events that you've never seen before, great people, great players and much more! We won't give up trying to make this a great event until... well... never!

Schedule

Saturday - 2 Round of 21 Holes (8:30 player's meeting, 9:00 Tee)

Sunday - 1 Round (8:30am Tee), Final 9 (for certain divisions), Field Events after the first round.

Our goal is to make this a "must go to" event every year. Be one of the first to play in it!

TDs:
Kevin Burgess
Fred Lampman

Website - https://sites.google.com/site/21holesalute/
Registration - http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/333

(Note: If the tournament fills, I am not using the waiting list for dgu, as it has an associated cost. If you are interested in being on a waiting list, you will need to email me your name, pdga # and contact info. I will keep an updated waiting list on these forums)

We are getting sponsors and sponsors for this thing! Check out the website and sign up!

Website - https://sites.google.com/site/21holesalute/

Find the event on facebook and share it with your friends, spread the word. I have a feeling that people are going to be left out and be upset. I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to sign up in time.

We are a quarter full!

Just like worlds, there are going to be some people that miss out. A lot of cash pumped in to both the am and pro sides! Custom wizards are on order! ROCK N ROLL!

An injured Hawk, aka Smitty, was found several months ago with injuries at RL Smith park. The Carolina Raptor Center nursed him to health and he was released on Friday. A cool video and picture have been posted on the website for the 21 hole salute as well.

Oh yeah... sign up :D

Ok, so here's the deal...:D:D

There is a new flyer, check out the DGU page to see it.

Pros:
There is $300 added cash to the pro purse! Hard to beat that for a C-tier. I guess the less pros that sign up the better.

Ams:
There will be roughly a 150% payout if we reach 60 amateurs:D:thmbup: (Keep in mind that the minimum for a C-tier is 85%...)
Let's make that happen, so get signed up! I'd say this has reached B+ tier status!

Also.... :D

In addition to the above numbers, we have some cool stuff that we are giving away during the events. So far we have,

An Innova Traveler Basket
A REI giftcard for rental equipment (approximately a 350 dollar value)
A coupon for a free massage at Steele Creek Physical Therapy and Balance Center
2 $50 dollar Sandler Sales Books (Title: You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar)
Several discs donated as prizes.

Why are the numbers so high? SPONSORS! Gateway and Alpine are coming through huge for us, along with all of the hole sponsors.. Go to the website to see who all is donating to this awesome tournament! We only have 6 hole sponsors left (some still don't show on the website as we are awaiting funds), so if you want in on some cheap advertising, please let me know.

www.21holesalute.com

If you are around this weekend, play all of the Masters stuff. Henry runs a good tournament!

After that, get ready for your RL Smith whoopin :D

Good news!

There has been some concern about playing a 21 hole tournament at a 18 hole course. The concern is that people will not know the approximate round ratings of the everyday course prior to worlds. The 21 Hole Salute and the PDGA have found a way to come up with ratings of the 18 hole course. These will be posted on the website after the tournament is completed and prior to Worlds!

Just another reason to play!

Bump.

Anybody have any questions for us? So far all has been quiet. Gonna be a great tourney, the course is looking sweet :D

Bump

Food will be available for purchase at the park. This way you don't have to rush to get back after the first round on Saturday.

There is a workday this Sunday for all of those interested.

Solstice Tavern in NoDa is now a sponsor!

They are providing free food for lunch, both days of the tournament.

Along with that, we now have a player's party scheduled at Solstice the night of the 23rd!

One more reason to sign up!

Looking forward to playing this. Anything to get a Worlds preview. :)

It should be a good time even for those of us who will be playing other courses during the week of worlds.

Latest posts