• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute presented by Alpine Ski Center - Charlotte 6/23 - 6/24

We're at 61!

All these signups are keeping me busy :D

If you want a sneak peak of the custom tourney stamp, come to SCAL tomorrow and win a bootleg wizard as a CTP!

Holy mother of C-tier.

I just added up all of the merchadise....

Thanks to everybody, we have a retail value of over $1500 added in product to win! This doesn't include any player's pack or payout. To take advantage make sure you stick around and play "beat the man" and make it to solstice saturday night for some putting competition action!

65 People signed up. 19 more spots.

Also other exciting news. The popularity of this tournament also means that solstice is on board with providing free lunch to ALL THAT PRE-REGISTER.

per Co-TD...

I'll have the extra three holes in starting a bit before 4 p.m. OB marked and baskets in for anyone that wants to play the extra holes ahead of time

Also, according to the TD report (keep in mind, this is inflated a bit, because the TD report is a marketing tool), We currently have a 192% Amateur payout, not including side games on sunday and winnings at the player's party putting competition.

Pro's have a 157% Payout as well, and can win side game prizes, putting prizes and the ace pool.

yay!

Oh yeah, these numbers don't include food either!

Check in will be from 7:45 to 8:30. Player's meeting at 8:30. First round around 9:00.

Results are now posted.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/80783%26s=1597140932

I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the par accurate for the people who made the final 9. I'll send out an email to the pdga and try to get that fixed.

Thanks to everyone, I'll post more details later.

1. Log on to your admin page.
2. Go to the bottom and click "add layout"
3. Assign a name, number of holes played, and the par.
4. Click "ratings"
5. Click "round 4"
6. Drop down boxes should now have the option of default and whatever you named the layout in number 3.
7. Submit.

That only will work properly if everyone played the same final 9, if not, repeat for a third layout.

1. Log on to your admin page.
2. Go to the bottom and click "add layout"
3. Assign a name, number of holes played, and the par.
4. Click "ratings"
5. Click "round 4"
6. Drop down boxes should now have the option of default and whatever you named the layout in number 3.
7. Submit.

Thanks,

I was so burnt out yesterday, my brain must have skipped that.

Pars are updated!

Many deuces on #1 or #4 or #7 last weekend? They seem a bit like tweeners, but you youngins throw farther than I can imagine, so maybe they're not.

Many deuces on #1 or #4 or #7 last weekend? They seem a bit like tweeners, but you youngins throw farther than I can imagine, so maybe they're not.

no. lol.

At some point I'll compile hole-by-hole stats, but just getting that 18 hole SSA was enough work. I want to do some fun things today like going through pictures and video.

At some point I'll compile hole-by-hole stats, but just getting that 18 hole SSA was enough work. I want to do some fun things today like going through pictures and video.

More fun than drowning yourself in numbers and stats?

(DGCR estimated 50.9, assuming the lengths are correct. It's classified as heavily wooded and very hilly, which seems fair. Not a bad estimate.)

More fun than drowning yourself in numbers and stats?

(DGCR estimated 50.9, assuming the lengths are correct. It's classified as heavily wooded and very hilly, which seems fair. Not a bad estimate.)

I don't mind numbers and stats, it's the typing of 5013 numbers into a spreadsheet that doesn't sound pleasant.

the groups I was in played 1,4,7 over par however we had 2 birdies and a missed 20' on 1 in the final 9. In the second round half my card birdied 7.

1 isn't a tweener hole, you can throw a putter for a bird, I saw 20' putts with fairway drivers and mids.

4 with the OB it is just not worth going for it, I saw lots of slow mids and putters just to get half way up the fairway. If there was no OB you would see a lot more birdies out there. Its not the distance or layout of the hole that raises scores, its more the OB in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it is a tough shot, its just that almost no-one attempts it.

7 I saw flippy shots throw with hyzer, flippy left hand back hand, and really overstable shots work. It actually plays easier than you would think, than I thought. The biggest problem here is that the basket sits above the canopy so you have no shot of ace. 2 or 3 trees bend in to the fairway and clog up the airway making seemingly great shots get small redirections that cause trouble. The metal pole in the fairway ... well ... what are you going to do. The distance or shape isnt a problem. its the 2-3 trees that have leaned into the fairway that effect shots and shot selection. Also, the green is SO SMALL it is hard to save par from a short or errant drive.