• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute, Charlotte, NC - 7/13 - 7/14 - $5k Throwoff

The tournament is full!

If you would like on the waiting list, please email me. (just click on my TD name on the pdga site, or contact info on the tournament website). You can see the waitlist order on the pdga tournament site under Junior <= 16 Girls.

Thank you to all who registered early, it makes our job so much easier, as we can start putting the player's packs together early, and get the cards sorted, which helps us run a smoother event!

Mandatory Player's Meeting 8:30am Saturday. If you are not there, your spot goes to the next person on the waiting list.

$5 doubles on Friday, All 21 Holes will be played. Ams redeem their payout at the tournament. Pros get cash.

You can pick your player's pack up at Friday doubles.

Just ran some payout numbers... :) looking good!

:) 5 days

Any chance you can give some details on the 3 extra holes? Distance, elevation change, etc. Just want to make sure I can leave my Distance Drivers at home as I don't throw them on any of the regular RL holes.

Any chance you can give some details on the 3 extra holes? Distance, elevation change, etc. Just want to make sure I can leave my Distance Drivers at home as I don't throw them on any of the regular RL holes.

First world problems!!

Put them in your trunk, problem solved.

That's always the plan, that's my version of leaving them at home. Just wanted to get a game plan together.

First world problems!!

I guess I do carry a D3 to spike (LHBH) hyzer #2 and #15 but those are for big right turn uphill kinda spikes. RL is tight enough (and short enough) that I don't gain anything from a DD. The longer holes (1, 4, 7) aren't worth the risk of using a driver as I'm playing for pars there anyway. The rest of the holes are fairway/mid/putter holes for this noodle-arm. RL definitely doesn't have any room for my XCaliber or D4.

That's always the plan, that's my version of leaving them at home. Just wanted to get a game plan together.

I guess I do carry a D3 to spike (LHBH) hyzer #2 and #15 but those are for big right turn uphill kinda spikes. RL is tight enough (and short enough) that I don't gain anything from a DD. The longer holes (1, 4, 7) aren't worth the risk of using a driver as I'm playing for pars there anyway. The rest of the holes are fairway/mid/putter holes for this noodle-arm. RL definitely doesn't have any room for my XCaliber or D4.

xcal thumber on 3?

19 - Plays from the corner sidewalk along the tree line up the hill and right. It's about 330, but plays near 380 because of elevation
20 - Downhill island green, putter shot
21 - New layout - Not sure the distance yet, but flat shot into the hill that separates the fields and the playground. Roped OB for accuracy. Basket on top of the hill.

Was just joking, never really seen him throw a thumber.

Only thumber/tommy holes for me around Charlotte are #7 at Nevin and #14 at Hornets Nest. My shoulder tells me that too many overhands are bad for me. Mark probably will never see me throw overhands 'cuz he designed Bailey to be such a good Lefty course; although I still haven't figured out how to birdie #12 yet. Might need to start bringing out a Zone or Drone to flick on that one as I can't power down a Firebird enough on that hole.

Pics from Henry a few minutes ago....

1002706_10100883841841027_1814119652_n.jpg

1005754_10100883841531647_1246430940_n.jpg

944506_10100883841621467_1849430814_n.jpg

Wow, great pics. It looks like that in areas all across the northern part of the city this afternoon.

I know some people on here who would mark the course down because of the flooded holes.

:thmbdown:

Wow, great pics. It looks like that in areas all across the northern part of the city this afternoon.

I know some people on here who would mark the course down because of the flooded holes.

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment of a course that has seen rain for weeks on end. I can see marking a course a .5 for having the ability to flood when it rains. OR maybe not mark it but definitely note that in your review.

I think this is for another thread though :D

I think this is for another thread though :D

Agreed. It was a tangent.

This is going to be a wet 21-hole salute. That flooding is from 3 - 5 inches of rain that fell in an hour or so today. On top of that, there's been 6 - 12 inches that have fall across the region over the past several weeks.

The good news, you can tell the water has gone down a couple feet cause 3's basket is holding sticks.

I am clinging on to good news right now...