• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute, Charlotte, NC - 7/13 - 7/14 - $5k Throwoff

Gonna be muddy! (understatement of the year)

according to stan and burro, we lost the bridge on 4. That sucks, was a great bridge. We are working hard on back-up plans if the course doesn't get drained by sat morning. I just ask that people stay open minded and flexible :)

Please let there be no rain and all sun in Charlotte till Monday!!!!! Really have no desire to play a semi flooded course and get rained on at the same time! Thanks to everyone who are putting in work to get the course ready today!

if you dont want it to rain for three days straight you better start doing some magic. i'm pretty sure it's rained everyday here for 3 weeks straight

We got it in. The CDGC worked their tails off and some of the holes were shaky, but overall, great turnaround.

I've got the scores up, I'll put up the payouts in a day or two. HT killed it. Great event, Marty filmed, big thanks! We get to see the Pro final 9!

I'm tired, going to watch dexter and go to bed.

My buddy from Delaware made the final 9. And his brother-in-law won Advanced. It will be cool to see the video!

Last edited:
Thanks again to KB and all of the CDGC folks for the efforts! The only portion of the course still effected by the rain was the transition between #1 and #2 and the teepad on #2. Awesome work and I'm planning I can't wait to give it another try next year.

My buddy from Delaware made the final 9. And his brother-in-law won Advanced. It will be cool to see the video!

AND, we shot the exact same score, 218 strokes, lmfao!!! Nothing like a tight family rivalry! Vince placed 5th, solid performance.

RL Smith was basically underwater 2 days before the tournament, kudos to all of the folks that put in a lot of hard work putting her back together. That was one sloppy, muddy, slip sliding weekend, but I had a blast....except for falling into a mud puddle on hole 3, completely covered.

INCREDIBLE event -- this is going to be IMPOSSIBLE to beat as a C-Tier, damn hard to beat with a B-Tier, and even better than some A-Tiers I've been to.

Excellent work from Kevin -- a great MC & TD, kept the energy high, always had a smile on, had things very well organized and stayed calm and collected all weekend despite a full field and the animated weather. Seriously, how this guy can get that many sponsors, that much extra added, for a one-course C-Tier, well, it sets the bar high for all other events.

A HUGE thanks to all the spotters who braved the raging waters, sloppy mud, and pouring rain just to help. Easily dozens of discs not only spotted but swam for, saved and recovered from the "creeks", and how many strokes and arguments were saved by KNOWING whether and where you went out-of-bounds.

I know I'm not the only one that thought this, but the energy of the event was TREMENDOUS. I've been to tourneys with 200+ competitors and not had the excitement and buzz of the Salute. Made a lot of us that much more proud of Charlotte's representation of disc golf, and hopeful that we can find ways to make more events as successful as this one.

Need I say more? Ok.....incredible payout....great extras(Beat the Man, $5K ace run, 3 challenging additional holes)....nevermind actually being able to play the course despite baskets/bridges being washed away only 1.5 days before the event began....

Wow, thank you so much!

Check out this new video. Best $5k ace run of the event!

Last edited:
And the final 9 and $5k is up on youtube!

What was the distance of the $5K ace throw? It seemed a lot of people came up pretty short, so I'm guessing it was further than appears on the video.

It's going to be a crazy scene when someone finally aces that shot one of these years.

What was the distance of the $5K ace throw? It seemed a lot of people came up pretty short, so I'm guessing it was further than appears on the video.

It's going to be a crazy scene when someone finally aces that shot one of these years.

It was right around 270'. It played about 250 with the downhill. I was surprised by all the short throws as well. It was a roc/buzzz throw while testing it out beforehand. I guess players are exhausted by that point.

I know the tourney is over, but it's not for me :)

Talking to some big time sponsors already about next year!

Also, the TD report has been sent in, so ratings should be included in the next update.

Now this = :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have 3 tournaments not included, a sore subject for many tournament players.

I hate to post in here and say this, but it appears that the ratings for the tournament aren't included.

I am looking into it and I apologize greatly. I'd be upset too. The pdga was sent the TD report the next day and the club was instructed to pay the pdga fees, so I'll look into seeing where the kink was and get it fixed ASAP.

I'm thinking it might be with the pdga cause it looks like player's results don't include the 21 Hole either. Odd. Once again, I apologize.