• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute, Charlotte, NC - 7/13 - 7/14 - $5k Throwoff

Things are still kicking for this tourney. Yesterday, we ran some preliminary payout numbers and we are pretty excited! Payout should be slick, and the field is looking strong!

We have 30 people registered already and 1 of them is Schwebby. Word on the street is that Schultz is playing as well. We have some top notch guys wanting to take down RL! If you're new to tournaments, this is a good one to dip your feet into. Some great people have sacrificed a weekend of playing to help run things, so a big thanks to those people too.

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP EARLY. If you sign up early, you will receive a $5k throw. If you sign up late, you are entered in to a lottery to throw.

SPECTATORS
Show up before the pros play the final 9 on Sunday the 14th of July to get your raffle ticket to throw off. If you don't get a raffle ticket by then, it'll be too late.

That sounds really fun I might try and make it down there. I haven't gotten a chance to play RL yet and just went through the course pics and that is a good looking course.

Only 19 days left until the tourney! For all of you that say you're coming PLEASE do us a favor and register early. You registering early not only gets your name on their, but it also helps the people that are on the fence about playing see the competition grow.

Online registration is set to close in less than 2 weeks. Solidify your throwoff by registering early.

We are SO excited to run this second tournament and it would be a shame if we didn't fill. Last year we came 10 short of filling up, so let's beat that number. The player's pack alone will be close to the tourney entry, and add in a great payout, great tourney, and a $5000 opportunity and we've got a winner at RL Smith!

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/782

This Just in... INNOVA sees what we're doing and is going to donate to us!

On Sunday, win your card, win a prize!! THANKS INNOVA!

People are signing up in waves and sponsors are flying in. There are more that will be announced shortly. Hurry up and sign up :) Don't forget, if you can't make Saturday, come out Sunday and Spectate. Spectators will be in a raffle for the $5k throwoff.

Once again, big thanks to Innova and their support. Our success last year has boosted our ability to gain sponsorships!

And now, I can say that UB Disc Golf is in!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are donating a lot to us, so big props. Each player will get a FIRST RUN UB Disc in their players pack!

Also, Vibram is in as a the Beat the Man Sponsor!!!!!

So, here's a tournament breakdown...

SWEET player's pack:
FIRST RUN UB DISC GOLF HAND CANDY DISC!!!!!
http://www.ubdiscgolf.com/
Free month membership to a new Charlotte company, Alchemy Disc Golf!
http://www.alchemydiscgolf.com/
Free throw for a chance to win $5000! Sponsored by UB Disc Golf!
Also a new add-on - A $1000 redemption throw! Hit the basket, or get a CTP on the throwoff and you win a second chance for $1000!

On top of the player's pack:
INNOVA is sponsoring the third tournament round. Win your card, win a prize!
http://www.innovadiscs.com/
VIBRAM is sponsoring the Beat the Man! Compete for a basket and a bunch of prizes
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/
Nathan Mullet is going to bring a couple glass minis. They are SWEET! Those will also be in the beat the man prizes.

The player's packs are for am's, however, all players get the $5000 throw if they register early.

If you can't make saturday, come and volunteer or spectate on sunday. If you do, you will be entered in a drawing to have a chance for the $5000 throwoff as well! We want a HUGE crowd on Sunday, so help us get there!

51 people registered! We got 14 sign ups in a couple days.

This is one sweet tourney, don't miss it!

All I've heard is how great this tournament is and how well the TD does -- signed up, can't wait, players pack is already choice, and Smith is one of my favorite tracks in Charlotte!

All I've heard is how great this tournament is and how well the TD does -- signed up, can't wait, players pack is already choice, and Smith is one of my favorite tracks in Charlotte!

Awesome! Great to hear, we work hard to try to make it happen.

Only 28 Spots left! We are way ahead of last year's signups, so excited to run this!

60 people registered. Only 24 spots remaining. We are doing 4somes only, so if you don't get in, I apologize. When registration fills, send me an email and you will be on a waitlist in order of when you emailed me.

I'm really happy that registration is doing as well as it is, thank you disc golfers!

21 Hole Salute, 21 Holes, 21 SPOTS LEFT :)

We're getting around 7 registrations a day, please make sure you get in!

IF YOU CANT PLAY, SPECTATE!
We are doing everything we can to make this a fun environment on Sunday. Marty will be coming down to film the Open final 9 and the throwoff. All spectators that show up before the Open Final 9 will get a raffle ticket for a chance at the throwoff. Same with Volunteers.

We want you to play, but if you can't, come out, spectate or volunteer! :)

Down to 14 Spots Left!

I do have some news too. The first run UB Discs had a batch that did not pass their standards. We will have some good new one's available to win, but the player's pack has been updated as a NICE tourney shirt instead! It's one of those good news / bad news things!

We have a bleep ton of stuff going on at this thing! So sad I don't play my own tourney, I would be signed up :)

What time do you think the final 9 will start at?

I wish I had a solid answer. This year will be tough to call. We are teeing off later the first round and we will have a group on every card.

I would guess around 1:00pm. It could be earlier though, but if you show up by noon, you'll get a raffle ticket for a chance at the throwoff. No worries if you show up a little early, we should have enough going on to keep people entertained!

I wish I had a solid answer. This year will be tough to call. We are teeing off later the first round and we will have a group on every card.

I would guess around 1:00pm. It could be earlier though, but if you show up by noon, you'll get a raffle ticket for a chance at the throwoff. No worries if you show up a little early, we should have enough going on to keep people entertained!
Im more worried about showing up late because my family will be coming back from the beach sunday morning.

ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT!

Email me for the waitlist if you don't get in on time. I will organize who gets in first based on when they email me. So glad people are signed up early :)