• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] 3 New discs announced for 2016

46YearOldSlinger

Double Eagle Member
Looks like we have 3 new discs coming in addition to the ones being released tomorrow. The plastic section contains a plastic called Zero Megasoft as well Snow (grippy gold line) which I don't believe has been for production discs before (only fundraiser Ballista to my knowledge).

PALADIN
We expect the Paladin to be
the hero in your disc golf bag.
A trustworthy high speed driver that
never sways from the right path.
Planned for release during 2016.

KNIGHT
Soon you will be able to attack
the course with the Knight. This
speedy understable driver is
planned for release during 2016.

FALCHION
The Falchion is a control driver with
minimal fade that appeal to both
beginners and pros.
This disc is designed for those narrow fairways when you have to hit
that perfect straight line. Planned
for release during 2016

http://www.latitude64.se/uploads/1/5/2/8/15287922/latitude-catalog-2016-us-webb.pdf

gawd lat 64, how much more saturation? seems like they release some good discs and then almost immediately give up on promoting them while thinking up a bunch of new molds that claim to do the same things. can't even keep up with trilogy stuff anymore, lost me awhile ago.

gawd lat 64, how much more saturation? seems like they release some good discs and then almost immediately give up on promoting them while thinking up a bunch of new molds that claim to do the same things. can't even keep up with trilogy stuff anymore, lost me awhile ago.

I don't throw too much trilogy, but have to agree here. Lat 64 seems to spit out more molds than even innova, it is hard to keep up. DD and Westside have a much easier to follow release schedule.

I dunno if that is a bad thing or a good thing, but glad I am not one who buys every new Lat mold. The falchion does sound interesting though.

I don't throw too much trilogy, but have to agree here. Lat 64 seems to spit out more molds than even innova, it is hard to keep up. DD and Westside have a much easier to follow release schedule.

I dunno if that is a bad thing or a good thing, but glad I am not one who buys every new Lat mold. The falchion does sound interesting though.

DD seems to have the best discs too. I decided to limit my Trilogy buys to DD a couple years ago. But still only own the Trespass, Renegade, Escape, and Truth.

That's not what it sounds like to me. Maybe teebirdish, but the thunderbird is made to have some good fade to it - which is quite different than their description.

Thunderbird is pretty much dead straight for power players

Consider the fact that Innova has had a 15-20 year head start on filling out their lineup, and I think you can see why it seems like Latitude is coming out with more new molds than them, but it's not really true.

Since the start of 2015, Latitude has had nine new molds approved, one of which is a dog disc (Macana, Maul, Spark, Raketen, Bite, Gauntlet, Compass, Cutlass, Culverin). In the same time frame, Innova has had eight new molds approved (Wombat, Hawg, Colt, Mystere, XT V-Aviar, Commander, Colossus, Stud). And that doesn't included any of the 3 series discs that are marketed as new but are supposedly unchanged molds/designs.

I think the key thing here is that there are far more companies in general than there were 10 years ago. Depending on which company(ies) you favor in your own bag or are most common in your local shop/club stocks, it's easy to "lose track" of companies you're less familiar with.

As for these new Latitude models, one of them is destined to be the Trilogy Challenge driver this year. Based on the last couple years, I expect it will be the Falchion.

They have some old designs that need to go away. Good to see them getting newer drivers. I have always preferd Westside and DD drivers. That may change.

I like choice and I like Swedish plastic, so count me in for something here. Falchion, while providing for some mush mouth pronunciation-wise, sounds the most promising if it's a bit more stable than the River or Maul.

Just for people to know:

Falchion "Fal-she (as in girl)-on (as in light switch)"

I'm most excited about the Falchion and am really hoping it's a slightly more stable River. I'm currently throwing an FD in this slot but I just love the feel of Opto plastic so if I could get an FD with a touch of that magic swedish glide thrown in made in some tasty Opto... man that would be sweet.

Falchion sounds interesting. not that I will try it, but for those looking for more teebirdish discs to try its a good option.

Just for people to know:

Falchion "Fal-she (as in girl)-on (as in light switch)"

Hmmm, well as long as we're being pedantic, no, sorry that is incorrect. I could try to write out a phonetic pronunciation, but people with different accents would just mispronounce it anyway. For anyone that really cares about it, Merriam-Webster has an audio link that plays you the correct pronunciation (just right of the word itself): http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/falchion.

Hmmm, well as long as we're being pedantic, no, sorry that is incorrect. I could try to write out a phonetic pronunciation, but people with different accents would just mispronounce it anyway. For anyone that really cares about it, Merriam-Webster has an audio link that plays you the correct pronunciation (just right of the word itself): http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/falchion.

Interesting. Thank you for the correction.

Take a look at the Marshall Street Flight Guide. I'm not saying it's Gospel-accurate, but it provides a good visual image to reference.

In the Speed 7 area, Lat64 and indeed the Trilogy have representation on the left (overstable) side with the Trident, Spark, XXX; and on the right (understable) side with the Seer, River, Diamond, Maul, etc. But there is a big gap in between. IMHO, the Falchion might fit very well in this space.

Also on the Marshall Street Flight Guide, there is a big "white space", i.e. unoccupied area in the Speed 11-12 understable area. The Mamba is so far to the right that it's off the page half the time, but the point is that there is a big area here to be filled. I don't know if that is where Lat64 wants to have the Knight, but if so it would be a nice thing to see.

I don't know where they intend to have the Paladin, and the Trilogy seems to have good representation across the spectrum at the higher speed levels.

Time will tell. The offerings sound interesting...