• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600' goal is done! 170 pro destroyer

woohjt woohjt ...

i wish i could play with ya guys :(

NOt to prove anything .. But just to have a good time .. ohh... and to win :p

lol ..

i love to win .. and compete ...

My girl loves watching me win too ...
she goes with me to leauges every week to watch me .. i love it ...
she says i like to win too mutch tho...
i like the money its cool .... but i like the recognition ....More ...
i like getting a partner and him/her .. beiing stoked to get me ..
a few weeks ago when i got TEamed up with D.j Hunt we were walking to our hole .. and another pro yelled to dj .."GoodLuck" ... Dj replys .. i dont need luck .. I have one of the best players here on my team ....

its stuff like that, that i feed off of ...
Why do u think i post videos of me playing ... Because i like to hear people talk about me ... i love them to hate me .. i love them to love me ...

ima attention WHore .. Ahhah
Feed ME !

d-bagery at it's finest:gross:

I still don't see how he can throw that far with that kind of form.......

All the other "bombers" are much more explosive and his reach back goes from high to low with him "swooping" through as he throws.

Anyway feel free to let go of the gonads.

that video he posted, i had only been playing around 5 weeks.

my form is different now honestly, i can throw over 450 just standing still.

and its hard to look "explosive" if your 6'3 230 lbs, i am not a stick, so it doesnt look like i am spinning myself into the ground.

does anyone know where there are any videos of someone/anyone throwing over 600' without an elevated throw or a lot of wind? i would like to see it.

Your best bet it to watch the video that was already posted.........it took 585 to make the finals and the vid is from the Finals.........I think Garrett threw 634' in the prelims on flat ground.

Whenever I watch Garret throw he seems to have the most unusual form but outdistances those big guns consistently. He throws his off arm up in the air and seems his reach back goes under his left arm pit. I wonder if his rotation/uncoilling speed is greater b/c he's really keeping everything tighter along a central axis. Does anyone know if this makes a difference?

Whenever I watch Garret throw he seems to have the most unusual form but outdistances those big guns consistently. He throws his off arm up in the air and seems his reach back goes under his left arm pit. I wonder if his rotation/uncoilling speed is greater b/c he's really keeping everything tighter along a central axis. Does anyone know if this makes a difference?

If you can do it correctly then , in theory, you should be able to produce more force.

Old school guys used to do this more often but you rarely see it anymore.......with most people tucking their left arm against their leg.

If you can do it correctly then , in theory, you should be able to produce more force.

Old school guys used to do this more often but you rarely see it anymore.......with most people tucking their left arm against their leg.

Thanks for the response. I do the same thing and I have tried to change it, but can't. I've been playing about a year and a half and I'm consistently getting 280 on drives and 300 more often than not. I wondered if it was even something I needed to change. I wasn't sure, but like you, I figured in theory it made good sense, too.

That's funny you said old school, I was watching the Tupelo Bay Vid and a guy on it threw that way and Schwebby commented that his form was like Dr. Rick Voakes. You called it! :thmbup: Thanks again for the info!

Thanks for the response. I do the same thing and I have tried to change it, but can't. I've been playing about a year and a half and I'm consistently getting 280 on drives and 300 more often than not. I wondered if it was even something I needed to change. I wasn't sure, but like you, I figured in theory it made good sense, too.

That's funny you said old school, I was watching the Tupelo Bay Vid and a guy on it threw that way and Schwebby commented that his form was like Dr. Rick Voakes. You called it! :thmbup: Thanks again for the info!

No problem!

I would still try to see if you can figure out the other style....pretend like you're putting your left hand in your pants pocket.....or actually put your hand in your pocket and try it that way (although balance will be tough).

I have tried and I actually thought for a while that I was keeping that arm down, until I watched my video. I wanted to change it primarily for aesthetic purposes, I hate the way it looks, but unfortunately, the technique has stuck. If I reach a plateau in distance, maybe I will try to retool.

How far is it across the water? I would love to try to get a flick across that.

I still don't see how he can throw that far with that kind of form.......

All the other "bombers" are much more explosive and his reach back goes from high to low with him "swooping" through as he throws.

Anyway feel free to let go of the gonads.

I think he just has a ****ton of OAT, he's throwing so high and oating them so bad that they are still flipping over, and since they are so high they have that much air time. Only thing I see because the form is flawed in so many ways.

Last edited:
He's definitely hitting it and oating it, but its just the longest air bounce I've ever seen. He's coming into the hit with a ton of speed which is why it doesn't look as explosive.

I may start that, I've been shown to reach back with the left arm as I do the reachback with the disc in the right. It's just back instead of up and under. I've done it with success in the past just always forget to continue using it. The guy that showed me has had a lot of success with it and can throw quite far.

I may start that, I've been shown to reach back with the left arm as I do the reachback with the disc in the right. It's just back instead of up and under. I've done it with success in the past just always forget to continue using it. The guy that showed me has had a lot of success with it and can throw quite far.

I throw like a 4 year old girl when I try it.......might still mess around with it so I can freak Garrett out the next time I see him.

With that said (and some living room practice) it feels decent I just be the accuracy will be rough for a while.

I throw like a 4 year old girl when I try it.......might still mess around with it so I can freak Garrett out the next time I see him.

With that said (and some living room practice) it feels decent I just be the accuracy will be rough for a while.

haha, living room practice. I even use a towel ;)

How far is it across the water? I would love to try to get a flick across that.

I think he just has a ****ton of OAT, he's throwing so high and oating them so bad that they are still flipping over, and since they are so high they have that much air time. Only thing I see because the form is flawed in so many ways.

He's definitely hitting it and oating it, but its just the longest air bounce I've ever seen. He's coming into the hit with a ton of speed which is why it doesn't look as explosive.

Since the 550 video above, his form has gotten way better.

Latest posts