• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Break Through Moment - Newbie

Grinder12000

Birdie Member
I've played about 22 rounds now and somewhere between #18 and #22 something clicked (that were not my knees).

All of a sudden I got confidence, the spaces between trees were not as narrow, the basket did not seem over the horizon, being stuck in an odd position not as . . odd.

I used a roller twice today with success. I was not afraid of openings I used to cower from (of course I hit the trees on the other side of that opening). All of a sudden 20 foot putts seem like I SHOULD make them all and 40 footers are no longer lay-ups!

Of course I say that after an 871 and 890 rated rounds so . . . . the golf gods will strike me down but WOW - DG is way fun once you start to control things!

I even had a fleeting chance at an Ace today! So close! Two close calls in my last 3 rounds

Last edited:
Congrats! It's awesome when something clicks, and you can apply it repeatedly.

I know what you mean. I had this moment about 2 weeks ago. I am playing since late may this year und regular bases and now started to birdie so holes that are not to long. Sometimes you hit that clutch put you would have never thought you could make......

Great feeling to know that you have the great throws in you and just have to get consistent on them.

That moment when you realise you can plan _and_ execute with actual confidence is a game changer.

Hey Grinder...

You've only played 22 rounds... sounds like your letting life's responsibilities get in they way !!! Priorities my friend... More Golf.

Sounds like your game is coming along.. I too on the "rare occasion" feel like I'm "ON" most of my shots seem to miss the trees, and the one's that don't seem to bounce off them and land in the fairway.. it's about this time I start thinking OKay I got this .. only to be humbled by the golf Gods as I start to spray my tee shots left and right.

I know what you mean though, as we newbies start to quickly progress the game seems a lot more fun.. Its a great feeling when I tee off into a wooded tunnel shot EXPECTING to make it...

Keep hucking that plastic

I had one of them moments, played a great weekend 2 weeks ago at Hudson Mills in MI then 2 days later I could not throw worth a flip. My drives where turning and burning and my wife and DG partners said I lost my MoJo. After playing 48 holes of horrible DG it clicked to me on my ride home, thumb placement. I eagerly got home and experimented with my idea, and cha ching, found my MoJo again. Seems that I was not paying as much attention to my grip after that weekend and my thumb was way off where it should have been, and it didn't feel like I had the disc held properly. Unfortunately severe back problems sidelined me this weekend and it will probably be another couple days before I can get back out and execute what I found out.

Latest posts