• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Round on New Years Day...

394935_296868273749350_1041087987_n.jpg

Austin & I took the AM Hangover Dubs at Giles Creek today.

We won some sweet Prodiscus discs and an engraved beer glass.

Every holiday a local club gets as many people as possible together and plays for a holiday ace. This year we had 11 people who played as one big group. I hit chains and another hit the basket. Always a fun time.

Didn't shoot stellar (4th in Rec) in the Cincy New Years' Day Tourney, but got the third of four aces on the day. Cash for an ace is a nice way to start your DG year! :thmbup:

Didn't shoot stellar (4th in Rec) in the Cincy New Years' Day Tourney, but got the third of four aces on the day. Cash for an ace is a nice way to start your DG year! :thmbup:

Congrats!

I spent all day watching my alternator get replaced so I did not. Maybe I can get in a round or 2 before I leave

I played at 7am this morning got a ace around 8am est.... Did anyone or anyone you know beat that? That would be something coo:thmbup:l to claim.

DAMN! I thought I had it. Got one on the west coast at 2, but I guess if you're going to bested by anybody...

Started at 615am and played 2 rounds at Morley Field (San Diego), should have played 3

Got in a few rounds this morning in the wind and low to mid 40s. For us it was a nightmarish winter day. No aces. Well above average score. Still plenty of fun.

Played an ace race today, 65+ people showed up 20 bucks a man. Buddy of mine in my group hit the only ace, cashed 680! Wasn't an easy ace race either, only 12 metals and 1 ace for 2 rounds. I managed to get a metal though, so I got a share in the dot pool. Good way to start the new years though! (Ace pool was split between rounds)

Played in about 6" of snow and decided I'm hanging the discs up until we have a little less. Spending more time looking for discs than throwing them isn't much fun.

Have you thought of taping a 3' piece of ribbon on the bottom of the disc before you go out so that the ribbon is sticking out of the snow when you arrive at your disc?

played a round yesterday at about 25 degrees with light snow. it was cold and pretty at the same time!

I played at 7am this morning got a ace around 8am est.... Did anyone or anyone you know beat that? That would be something coo:thmbup:l to claim.

:hfive: I didn't beat your time but got an ace as well at around 10:30am. Nothing like getting one of these to start out the year.

Hope u get one soon then! Still contemplating whether to hang the disc up on the wall. It's still in the bag, might get another one with it. Lol

my local club runs a headache bowl on new years morning. 20 bucks gets you one round and lunch afterwards, scores are sorted in order and the new club tags for the year are handed out. dunno where i finished, wife set a curfew on when i had to be home so i bailed right after the round. seems like the infinite amount of throw offs for people who tied takes longer than the round itself. 25 degrees and a bit of wind wasn't too bad...lot colder than what we've had in previous weeks though. luckily i packed a flask of johnnie walker.

Latest posts