• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace - What kind of plastic did you throw?

Ace - What kind of plastic?

• ESP/Star

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Champion/Elite Z

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Pro/Elite X

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • DX/ProD

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • FLX/Gummy/Soft

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiscJunkie

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Is there a particular kind of plastic that's better for Aces?
What kind of plastic did you use for your Ace(s)?

Last edited:
there is no plastic that is better for aces. i bet if you threw a bag of crap far enough you could ace with it too

Damn! I was hoping for a sure fire dominant plastic that I am not carrying to say "Theres my problem. Cant ace without this plastic!"

you also have to wonder, how many people throw the champ/z plastic off the tee a majority of the time

I'm half and half between Star/ESP and Champ/Z, with one ace with an organic Soft Wizard. I think this is for the reasons mentioned above though. I throw those discs off the tee 90% of the time, and have only just started throwing the wizard on more than a hole or two. I can't find it now but DGR has an interesting thread on different molds thrown for aces. I like to see the mix of what people have. You almost get a "best ace mold" kind of tally.

retarded, people will find any reason to put up a pole. "I prefer FLX for my aces" lol I have never hit an ace and if I did I don't think it would make me go buy a bunch of that particular plastic type of the disc that I aced with.

people will find any reason to put up a pole.

Biot535PhotoM.jpg