• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace - What kind of plastic did you throw?

Ace - What kind of plastic?

• ESP/Star

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Champion/Elite Z

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Pro/Elite X

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • DX/ProD

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • FLX/Gummy/Soft

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6 aces with Discraft elite Z ( 2 with a predator, one with a flash, surge, force, and pulse, 1 pro d challenger, and an Innova champion destroyer. i throw weights of 169-175 for my drivers.

And how many people throw putter plastic off the tee a majority of the time on short (i.e., more likely to be aced) holes.

that is true, and there are probably only one or two holes that i play on a normal basis where I would throw my putter off the tee (its HPP which is like champ/Z). I am sure in other areas there are more putter holes, just not where I play

I hit my one and only with a '06 USDGC Star Roc (doublestamp).

I've got two aces, both with CE plastic. I've still got one CE disc but it's not in my bag currently.

<think>Hmmmmmmmmmm .............</think>

I have 12 total
1 (1st) Star Wraith
1 Star Firebird
1 Star Max
1 QOLF
2 Star Teebird2
4 Star Whippets
2 KC Pro Banshees (Same Banshee & both were thumbers on the same hole)

So
1 Millenium Quanum
2 Innova KC Pro 11x
9 Innova Star

My one and only Ace came in Star plastic. I mostly throw Champion/Z though so I would think that future aces will come from that category.

By the by, as cool as an ace is, I would rather take birdies all day long.

By the by, as cool as an ace is, I would rather take birdies all day long.

Depends. At a 1-day event with a $250 first-place check & a $650 ace pot, I'll take one ace & 35 triple-bogeys over birdies "all day long". At a 1-day event with a $1000 first-place check & a $144 ace pot, I'll take birdies "all day long" over an ace (unless the ace is accompanied with >33 birdies).

I'm not trying to find the one plastic to rule all others.
Just a fun little poll to get people talking.
I'm a little surprised that Champ/Z is leading by that much.
The poll won't influence my throwing choices, it is an interesting talking point, though.
There is always so much talk about missing Aces, someone suggested that might make for another interesting poll, "What plastic have you missed the most Aces with?"
Probably Champ/Z.

what plastic do you use for your aces? most of the time people arent throwing for aces, and if they are, they pick a disc they are confidant in, not the plastic...lol

6 Champion (although several are the old "pro" plastic that is actually like newer "champion" plastic)
2 DX
8 Star plastic (6 Star Aviars - 172g)

I don't know if any plastic is better where aces are concerned... they either stick or spit. However, I do have a problem with champion putters sticking (when putting)... as they tend to slide off the chains.
DSCJNKY

2 dx and one kc pro 12x for my real aces.
2 pro d and 2 esp for my ace race "aces".

First two aces came with star plastic that had barely been thrown One was a roadrunner one was a spider. The third ace came from a beat up DX Beast that I can make flip straight or do a massive long anny shot, which is the shot I threw. The kiss off the tree didnt hurt!

Champ, CE, Pro line, Elite X (3), KC Pro (2), dx, and whatever the proto wizard is?