• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace - What kind of plastic did you throw?

Ace - What kind of plastic?

• ESP/Star

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Champion/Elite Z

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Pro/Elite X

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • DX/ProD

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • FLX/Gummy/Soft

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my aces were with a gumb putt, a soft rhino, a ce firebird and a pro challenger. seems to me, the softer and more putter-like the disc youre driving with, the better the odds are that it will sit.:)

I like different types of plastic for different types of discs. I throw Champ the most, Star second and FLX is awesome!

Three aces with an old school, Pre-B.S. Champion Beast. All other aces have been champ as well.
My next ace is going to be with my B.S. Champion Leopard, I can already tell. Either that or I'll put another on my Champ Banshee.

Innova Star Cro
Innova Star Beast
Gateway Eraser Wizard
Ching Power Line Legacy
Discraft ESP FLX SurgeSS
Discraft EliteZ Buzzz

two aces one with 162 star wraith (220ish) one with 174 esp nuke (312ft). doesn't matter the plastic just the comfort to throw it and let it do what it was supposed to.

dear lord why are you throwing a star wraith on a 220' hole?:\

lol. And a nuke on a 312 ft hole :\ That mid and putter range. Maybe a fairway on the 312 if you don't want to torque the mid out there, just a nice smooth throw with a teebird.

I've thrown 2 aces in my time:

#1 with Pro plastic (Pro Rhyno ...floppy)
#2 with Champ. plastic (Champion Monster)

lol. And a nuke on a 312 ft hole :\ That mid and putter range. Maybe a fairway on the 312 if you don't want to torque the mid out there, just a nice smooth throw with a teebird.

I can understand completely. He probably has a noodle arm like a lot of us. I would love to be able to throw 312' with a mid-range. Shoot, I'm happy if I can reach a 312' hole with anything.
I still have a lot of fun, but being able to reach a 312' hole with a mid-range sounds even funner. Maybe one day...

Congrats.
Gotta love that Wasp.
Gonna retire it?

Why retire a disc for doing its job?

What Rhino said! It's done the best it can...now let's see it do it again! Now that I have finally learned how to really control that disc...why would I want to season in a new one?

I did buy a backup though! especially since ESP wasps are OOP...only Z now.

\/\/