• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Ace number 6 for me

Where: Westlake Park Grand Jucntion Colorado
Hole number 3

Hyzer shot ona short hole nothing but chains. =)

Just got an Ace today at lunch with 4 witnesses :) and a kewt chick that just happened to catch up to us :)
It's my 3rd Ace on that Disc. :) Star Stingray.
Hole #9 at West Lake Park.

That's Ace #15 for me.

ACE #2

Hole #9 at The Abbey Resort.

Smooth looking ace. It was about 20 degrees and almost dark.

Opaque Champion Teebird 169g.

Ace # 6 this past Wednesday- hole #13 at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, 290 ft with a 172g Pro Leopard, sttrrrraight at it.

The best part was that I had a group of 5 and about 7-8 other golfers who were passing through that area of the course as a cheering audience.

# of aces in my carrer- 2
# of tourney aces - 2

MD tag ladder finals at calvert disc golf course
hole # 8 from the white tees
around 300 ft i'd say
CE tl hyzering the whole time

its pretty cool to have all tourney aces cuz i can safely say that all my aces are witnessed.

12/9/07 - Mulligan ace - #16 Springlake Park - Texarkana, TX - Champ Teebird

(threw my new Roc first just to test it out, then threw the Teebird. Didn't count it on my score that round, but still pretty sweet watching that 'Bird hyzer all the way into the chains!)

Still waiting on that first ace....been playing about 2 years now and still...nothing
Hit chains probably 20 times, but nothing has stuck....

Anyone gone longer than this without an ace?

I have been playing since I was 3 with my dad (now 20) but it was never very serious. We used to have a really short totem pole course that I had 3 aces on with a dx puma when I was a kid but I don't count those. This is the first year I have taken seriously(playing 3-4 times a week, field and putting practice) and I have hit chains/basket 20 times or so but nothing has stuck.

On a side note, would you guys count those aces from when I was a kid as aces or should I keep them in their own category?

I am no authority on aces
but i wouldn't count an ace on a tone pole or an object hole.
Its still cool, but just not the same.

Don't feel bad about not getting aces though, most times an ace is a lucky bad shot (less skip aces).

Just got my 4th ace today! It was at my home course on hole 4 with the basket in the new position, 175 ft away. Its the second time I have aced this hole. This time I threw my stampless blaze orange E Element straght down the tunnel and just as it was fading it caught chains to rest in the basket. These Elements are sweet!

Here is a pic:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/chadderbox2/4thAce.jpg

Here is the disc:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/chadderbox2/4thAceEElementHole4.jpg

So close to getting back to back aces last week....

Got my 10th and proceded to chain out on the next hole with the same disc! Oh well, still feels real good...

pd

Ace #9 tonight at OT Sloan in Sanford NC. Hole #9, last hole of the doubles tournament. The hole is only 200 ft with OB behind it. I pulled out my old 10x roc because it was raining cats and dogs and I wanted a little more stability than what a putter can give me. I threw it and it flipped up straight and flew straight into the basket. Hit the center pole and sat down. The ace actually let us tie for 1st, which we took in a playoff hole. $84 ace pool, split with my partner. Not bad.

My first Ace! Short hole at my small home course. ~210 feet

May 16, 2008. 6:00p.m.

172 E Hybrid.

Hit my 4th career Ace today, well now yesterday.

(1 + 2) Date: 7-30-05
Hole #7 and hole #10 Short Tees
Crystal Lake DGC, Beaver Dam, WI
Same disc, same day. In a tournament.
Cheetah KC Pro 175g.
Witness: Teammate and Opponents

(3) Date: 6-30-06
Hole #6
Village Park, Sussex, WI
Pro Starfire (SL) 169g
Witness: Other Disc golfers at Park

(4) Date: 5-23-08
Hole #4
Crystal Lake DGC, Beaver Dam, WI
SOLF 175g
Witness: Son

I finally broke my drought today at Wortman. It's been over 11 months since my last ace (July 4th, #14 Champoeg 321ft.). I hit #7 at Wortman with my perfectly beat DX Roc. Went straight as an arrow (or a beat Roc) through the corridor and hit dead center chains AND it actually stayed in this time...finally. It's not real long, 243ft, but it's an ace.

Got my first ace today after 1.75 years of playing. Short 220 foot hole but with a scrubby tree guarding the pin.

Very recently started keeping track of specific dates and people who have seen my aces. Some of the ???'s have witnesses, but I am unsure of who they were. All Aces legit, hit 2 in the last 3 days (over 10 or so rounds) <3 my new SOLS!

#1 Hole 2 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Discraft XL
Moorhead MN
Witness: Buddy, Jeff A
Long time ago

#2 Hole 5 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Disc: Don't remember (likely Discraft XL)
Moorhead MN
Witness: ???
Long time ago

#3 Hole 5 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Disc: Innova Star Wraith 175g
Moorhead MN
Summer 07

#4 Hole 5 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Moorhead MN
Summer 07

#5 Hole 6 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Moorhead MN
Summer 07

#6 Hole 5 Woodlawn Park-sidearm
Disc: Innova Star Destroyer 169g
Moorhead MN
Summer 08

#7 Hole 3 Oak Grove- BACKHAND!!!
Disc: Millennium 171 SOLS
Fargo, ND
Witness: 3 players from League
6-5-08

#8 Hole 12 Oak Grove- Backhand
Disc: Millennium 171 SOLS
Fargo, ND
Witness: 4 noobs, couldn't have cared less
6-7-08

Who: me (Brad was there and got to witness the awesomeness)
When: about 6:45pm CST
Where: McKinney, Texas - I don't remember the course name
How: I threw the disc from hole 18's teepad to 18's basket all in one shot

To summarize the events: drive 45 minutes to the course you want to play at, go over to a random hole, DON'T warm up at all, grab the first disc that comes to mind, then throw that disc in the general direction of the basket.

It was awesome, my first backhand ace, and it just went dead nutts straight into the basket.

Latest posts