• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Hit my 8th ace today. That makes 2 Aces and a chains hit in the past 2 weeks. I Aced the same hold twice in this stretch, it's a 269 foot open shot. Once was with a champ wraith on a spike hyzer and the other was with my beloved Roc. Last week when I aced I went on to another course afterward and hit chains on a blind 300' foot hole. It's so strange how aces always seem to come in spurts. I once hit a 300' big hyzer around an oak and then a 370' foot downhill shot back to back. They both fell out :(

Hit an ace on 6/21. At a tourney where carry over ace pots were involved.

$625.

Yup.

255' hyzer downhill blind.

glow roc.

hole 6 golds, pyramids, leicester, MA.

Hit my 2nd ace a couple weeks ago at Wickham Park hole #4 .... 175ft straight shot through a tight wooded fairway...Tie Dye Z Buzzz!!! :)

1st Ace was at West Thompson CT hole #9 back in January...about 250ft fairly open shot with a fast green.. with a Marshall Street Star Orc! 8)

Thursday night Bag Tags...

Were playing the short tees.

Finally, finally hit #5 @ Blue Mountain with a CryZtal Buzzz.
It's a ~250' sidearm(lefty) hyzer sweep, or big backhand hyzer bomb around a grouping of trees.
Have been soooo wanting that hole since it's a better choice to sidearm it. Backhand route adds another ~50' just to get around that group of trees.

We finish the round and we've gotta walk back through another hole #12 to get back to the group, so we decided to play the long tee just for the hell of it.
Bam! Another sidearm hyzer sweep sticks the chains in front of everyone with a Champ T-Bird.
I chuckle a bit and then scream out, "That's TWO!!!"

Two aces in one night!
Though the second was on the 19th hole.
First was worth $56 as another in the club hit an ace and we split the pot.
Trippled my ace count in one night. WOOOHOO!!!

Got my first ace last night in league play! The ace pool was at $230 so it made it that much sweeter. It was on hole 3 in Watertown and is a 222 ft shot with a clear path to the basket. Isn't the hardest hole but I will take it for my first ace!

1st Ace... #8 from long tees at Calvert Rd in College Park MD. Hyzer flipped an omega ap (a stiff one) around 250 ft. Felt magnificent.

Got #17 today. Hole 12 Dolese in OKC. Champ Sanny roc. My buddy stepped up and hit the number plate. I step up and hit it in the heart.

I also got to meet BenKershman. He seems like a rather nice fellow. To bad I had to leave when he was starting his round

Hit Ace # 14 today Hole 17 Edora, Deep left position, Righty forehand. Now I only have one 172 Purple Z Pred without an ace on it. Once I hit one with it I will have to carry one of the ace discs (not a biggie, I have 2-4 ace discs in my bag any given day, just rather lose one without an ace if I have it)

3/08 - #5 Terramont Park, lucky tree skip ace with a Champion Orc.

5/08 - #16 Bear Branch Park, 2nd ace on hole, tight 260ish hole turning right at the end. Righty backhand hyzerflip with a Z Glide.

dgdave said:
Got #17 today. Hole 12 Dolese in OKC. Champ Sanny roc. My buddy stepped up and hit the number plate. I step up and hit it in the heart.

I also got to meet BenKershman. He seems like a rather nice fellow. To bad I had to leave when he was starting his round

Nice ace! I'm sure I'll see you out there some other time, maybe we'll be able to play a round or a few holes.

Runnin Valkyrie said:
3/08 - #5 Terramont Park, lucky tree skip ace with a Champion Orc.

5/08 - #16 Bear Branch Park, 2nd ace on hole, tight 260ish hole turning right at the end. Righty backhand hyzerflip with a Z Glide.

You aced # 5 at Terramont? :shock: Holy crap , that is one hell of an ace. Congrats on that ace. I have gotten with it 20 feet of the basket on that hole, but shooting off that hill into the woods truly makes that a blind ace.

Got my 5th ace yesterday, my first in a tournament and my first away from my home course. Hole #4 at the Prairie Disc Golf Course in Thornton, Iowa. The hole is 220 ft. to a blind pin. You can either throw left to right between trees on the left and thick prairie grass on the right or throw a right to left shot over the prairie grass and hope it doesn't land in. I threw an easy RHBH hyzer over the prairie grass with a 178 gm D Wasp. We heard it smash chains but had to wait for the 4 others on my card to throw before we could head down and see if it stuck. Obviously it did. What a great feeling coming around the grass and seeing it sitting their in the basket.

I ended up winning the Advanced division by 1 stroke thanks to that ace. Only downer was that I didn't enter the ace fund (tight-ass, I know). Could have added 26 bucks on top of what I took home for winning Advanced. Overall, still a great day.

I got my 7th ace yesterday in a tournament in Topeka KS. It was a shot where you could go over the water for a 2 or the long way around and get a par. I went for a thumber over the water and just drilled the basket and one guy in my group was just going nutz when he seen it go in.

I also didnt feel the need to get in the ace fund either and it ended up costing me about 400 for not putting $3 in......I will NEVER not be in the ace fund again :evil:

jtkustomizer said:
I will NEVER not be in the ace fund again :evil:
Good call. You never know when that deuce run will go a little long and stick in the basket.

1st ace 8/14/07 hole 8 patriots park homewood il 179 champion coyote
2nd ace 9/03/07 hole 16 rogers lakewood valparaiso in 175 star destroyer
3rd ace 5/21/08 hole 27 the oaks mokena il 168 dx destroyer
4th ace 7/17/08 hole 6 riverside hammond in 163 champion sidewinder

Here is a picture of my first ace and my it is my favorite shot on the course. It is hole 18 at oak park in Wichita,KS and the distance is 297 ft. with 260ft of that being over the water.

http://acdgc.com/

Aced Stafford Lake hole 6C on saturday at the weekly. First skip ace with a Z pred. 380 feet with 78 foot drop. 270+ ace pool...all going back for a new cement pad.

plastic_fondler said:
Aced Stafford Lake hole 6C on saturday at the weekly. First skip ace with a Z pred. 380 feet with 78 foot drop. 270+ ace pool...all going back for a new cement pad.

Nice. Double props for that one. More aces will come for you on that course I have a feeling. :D

Latest posts