• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aero - 6 glide?!

:clap:

Okay, now i have another disc I want to try.
In my opinion, it's not as glidey as some people are saying, and I have three they all have good glide for a putter/tweener midrange but it's not like they stay in the air forever. They are a little better than aviar p&a's, but don't fly a whole lot farther. They also do not glide much if you turn them over or throw on a hyzer, they really like to fly flat. They're still worth it, just don't expect the glide to be like magic.

Last edited:
They do glide a long way and they have no turn and fade. If it's turning when you throw it, you threw it with angle on it. I've thrown an Aero every which way imaginable and have never had to worry about one doing something I didn't intend unless I screwed the release.

And I'd love to have a G* Aero.

Last edited:
inbounds has it dead nuts straight.

I get the Comet reference if one is interested in working on form.

It flies like a lid. Almost. I used to put with aviars and tried to use the aero for long putts way outside the circle, because it has the same exact shape as the aviar just bigger circumference. And the glide!

It didn't last but a couple weeks in my bag. I ended up throwing it off a mountain while out hiking because no one would give me $5 for it in the marketplace. I put my name and number on it for fun too...

I once watched a guy call and ACE at Scrapyard in Charlotte with an Aero. It was impressive. I really wanted to bag one, but it is too deep a grip fpr me. But it is a nice straigth flyer for some.

Aero is an amazing disc, for upshot and long putts. Great for woods, and great for any level of play. If you can't throw an aero, then you need to work on your form.

Stupid post warning: I had one in my bag a few years ago; in one round I threw it on accident twice. Once I was trying to throw an Aviar P & A and another time I was trying to throw an XD. I'm an old slow guy and the group I was in kept rushing me like it was going to ruin their lives if the round took more than an hour and a half. I glanced down, saw the basket on the stamp and threw. Wrong disc. I took it out of my bag and have not thrown one since.

I'll see what I can do! GStar Polecats would be dreamy.

With the trimming issues they had with the Champs (I, and many others, relentlessly spammed their inbox for over a year to get them), I wouldn't hold your breath. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make progress though. G* is such a great blend of plastic.

Perhaps you can mention G* Sonics too...? :D

The trimming thing threw me off, since the flash should have been in the same place as the DX flash and they trim those so...

The trimming thing threw me off, since the flash should have been in the same place as the DX flash and they trim those so...

I was kind of disappointed shocked by that too, especially considering the Blizzard Zephyrs they released a week or two later were trimmed without issue despite having the same flat wing. Must've had the new guy trimming them.

Well, I took advantage of Disc Nation's deal and got one of these for 5.99 shipped.

Curious to see what a big ass putter flies like.

aero vs polecat, GO!

Polecat's not as touchy. Aeros always throw me off b/c in the hand they feel like any conventional midrange and are wide diameter but they are so sensitive and slow moving. The Champs were great and a G* version would prolly be elfballs. I always thought the Stars had uncharacteristically worse glide and the DX ones are cool but like the Sonic they get a mind of their own quickly.

You launch one of these in a tailwind just right though, you'd be amazed.

Polecat's not as touchy. Aeros always throw me off b/c in the hand they feel like any conventional midrange and are wide diameter but they are so sensitive and slow moving. The Champs were great and a G* version would prolly be elfballs. I always thought the Stars had uncharacteristically worse glide and the DX ones are cool but like the Sonic they get a mind of their own quickly.

You launch one of these in a tailwind just right though, you'd be amazed.

Hmm, good to know. I almost picked up a star aero but decided against it. What I've got is working for me and I have no desire to throw an approach disc with turn out of the box.

Wasn't the Aero the first disc specifically designed for "frisbee" golf?
AND wasn't it the world record distance holder (somewhere in the 480 ft area)?
Anyone?

All the history aside, I really like the Aero. Correct release & it is straight as an, well you know.
I use to carry one all the time. Haven't lately, trying to minimize what I carry.
But I do need to work on my backhand... Hmmm.

Latest posts