• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All male forum

I care little about what is the Up in Smoke Thread. i dont think i read past the first page.

anyways

girl?

Girls on DGR or not, who gives a shit. There are a million and one better venues to talk to women than DGR, but not very many better ones to nerd out on discs. I'm fine with not necessarily mixing the two.

Threads like this are always good for a laugh though.

Eric O said:
Girls on DGR or not, who gives a shit. There are a million and one better venues to talk to women than DGR, but not very many better ones to nerd out on discs. I'm fine with not necessarily mixing the two.

Threads like this are always good for a laugh though.

I dont think wyno was worried about being able to chat up girls on DGR. I think he was more talking about women DGers being under represented on here.

That's probably just the nature of such a niche web forum. Our local NW disc golf msg board has a pretty good representation of women that post. That is more of a community forum though, where DGR is more about the technical details that women don't usually give a damn about. And dick jokes. :wink:

All of the above. . .

This is a place where, unhindered, you can scratch your nads. With both hands, if you like.

When venturing into the sorta places where guys walk around in their underwear, women invariably go "euuuuuuuuuuuuuh" with noses squished up and lips pursed. Then they leave. And what would you do if you were of the female persuasion and happened upon a place where most every regular has, at one time or another, referred to his relationship with his favorite disc as "tits?"

But it's not universal. Our club has a women's league, and a number of women participate in our Am League. On weekends our shorter courses are filled with recs and it's often 25% or more women.

But why are sites like this dominantly male? I think the big difference between us'n and them is women are emotionally linked to the people they play with, guys are emotionally linked to the game.

Spinthrift said:
All of the above. . .

When venturing into the sorta places where guys walk around in their underwear, women invariably go "euuuuuuuuuuuuuh" with noses squished up and lips pursed. Then they leave. And what would you do if you were of the female persuasion and happened upon a place where most every regular has, at one time or another, referred to his relationship with his favorite disc as "tits?"

That pretty much killed my preference for flat tops.

Mark Ellis said:
Spinthrift said:
All of the above. . .

That pretty much killed my preference for flat tops.
Flat topped women or discs?

women on DGR? I'm not on DGR looking to meet any DG hotties so why do I care if women come here or not? I'm not sifting through DG treads hoping to get laid or anything.

I don't understand why we're even talking about this. Are we looking to add a sub-section for singles or something? Lame

Leopard said:
and DGR is not very noob friendly, even when we try. either we don't want to put up with noobish/rec theory (from a progress-driven golfer's POV) or we don't understand it, or we simply can't fathom how a noob actually throws, thinks, or enjoys the game.

reference the ID My Innova thread -- pretty damn unfriendly, ranging from contempt for the requested help, to outright flaming -- and this because we can't understand a player who's not like most of us here. there are probably some recs and 1-disc-wonders reading this forum, and probably get some great info and leads from it, but they don't have the same goals as we do, and if they posted, we'd burn them. and that sucks. i would expect better from frisbee lovers toward the frisbee-curious.

QFT

mzuleger said:
women on DGR? .... Are we looking to add a sub-section ... or something? Awesome
i realized, this dude is on to something!

kitchendgr.jpg

Leopard said:
nice.. my new favorite PS file
:lol:

we've got "Mario Kart Wii" - my 12-year old daughter's favourite game, "Cigars" and whatever in off-topic so I wouldn't necessarily notice "How to cook for the course?" in there...

Spinthrift said:
All of the above. . .

This is a place where, unhindered, you can scratch your nads. With both hands, if you like.

Would you say that should apply off-topic or all sections then?
BTW, hope you wash your discs before trading if your answer is all sections :D

Spinthrift said:
But why are sites like this dominantly male? I think the big difference between us'n and them is women are emotionally linked to the people they play with, guys are emotionally linked to the game.

well, I'd "play the course" if everybody else stopped, but as it is; damn sure I'm emotionally linked to people as well!
20 thousand off-topic posts + quite a few posts in other forums + all the hours shared with friends say a lot of other people 'round here are as well.

I think the explanation is simple group dynamics; once some group in a community gets dominant enough you see bonding through whining about, making fun of etc a common "enemy". The "enemy" group starts shrinking cause their total commitment to the community is reduced, repeat until total dominance. Unless there is some regulating influnence - rules, laws, taboo, ethics whatever.
I think this is what has happened in most sports, and I acually agree with Mark that a lot of the "cuddling" that is done is just stupid and none adresses thie root cause they're supposed to fix. This not knowing much about DG tournaments, i play the course :)

anyway, great so many of you pitch in, even the ones that really can't read ;-) (thanks for telling 'em Frank :) )

My intention here was not a thread about a subsection, or dating... its about "other persons with similar interest, might they reasonably feel a bit excluded and do we really care"

Frank and Mark are correct in that there are much fewer women playing DG than Men and many of those that do are just sort of out hanging out with their BFs. They generally don't get into it as hardcore as guys do. This is nothing new, guys in general are more into sports than women and now we're talking about an obscure sport. Add into this that often times courses are not in the well manicured and beautiful parts of the park. We're off in the brush where there could be tics, snakes or god knows what else. Generally that's not particularly appealing to girls.