• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Sure.

Steady x2. D line for putts
Reef D line for loooong putts and runs
Breaker first flight. Trashed. Straight and turnover drives. Money!
Breaker sparkle flex. The BEST upshot disc in the game. The BEST.
Squall flex line. Hyzerflips and smooth annys!
Aftershock sparkle (flex). Straight lines. Very buzzzish flight sans skip.
Aftershock proline (new run). A bit overstable. Short hyzer shots and smooth flights.
Reaper x2 big z. Straight fairway with a nice little hookup. My new love!
Sail proline. New disc. Rollers rollers rollers rollers rollers rollers. Spike annys?
Undertow x2 sparkle. Nice woods disc. Understable with a big weird fade. Nice!
Hurricane x4 proline. From star tern to teerex.
Hurricane x2 sparkle. From fresh destroyer to ti force
Crank x2 esp. Distance hyzerflips. Test phase.
Tsunami proline. Mid distance straight to overstable lines.

Think that's it. Sure I'm forgetting something!
Lol..any questions?

Have you tried the SP Squall? Mine 2 can take a really big rip and not flip over.
How about the Torrent? I prefer the First Flight Torrent (domey) over the Crank by far.

Sure.

You have one of these so trashed it turns over? Dang. I've had mine for power putter-drives for awhile now and it's just plain straight, I love it.

- I just won 2 "Limited Edition Flex Line" Squalls off eBay. I'll report back about feel and flight once they arrive

They feel really good. Not floppy at all, but flexible with some extra grip. It's almost like what I would guess Big Z FLX would be like. I'm interested to see how it seasons, and how it performs in cold weather. I would probably buy anything DGA puts out in either of their flex blends.

I took a few field rips and then played a round with it where I probably threw it 15-20 times. I found it very similar to the SP Squall. Not as quick to turn over as my Glow Squall, but a similar late hookup to the SP Squall; not as pronounced as the Proline. Even a fairly seasoned Proline will hook up a bit more than a Flex Squall. It also seemed to be easier to power down. I'll need to throw it more to get better acquainted with how it flies, but I could see it potentially replacing my seasoned SP and/or Glow Squall. I could also see myself loving these and then not being able to find them, so it'll be a timid transition.

Have you tried the SP Squall? Mine 2 can take a really big rip and not flip over.
How about the Torrent? I prefer the First Flight Torrent (domey) over the Crank by far.

I'm sure it's sacrilegious to say, buuuutttt...

I'm not much of a fan of the Squall mold. It's not bad at all, but it doesn't really fit into my game at this point. I prefer a more...traditional midrange. I do like the flex lines for their flip and hold flight, though, so it found it's way in.

I'm on the fence with Torrents and Cranks. I really like the new sparkle Torrent run. A lot. Very much. That being said...the Crank really served me well in AZ, so I'm gonna ride it out and see how they feel at St. Pattys.

You have one of these so trashed it turns over? Dang. I've had mine for power putter-drives for awhile now and it's just plain straight, I love it.

Yes. First Flight. I'm not saying it's flippy at all...more like...it holds a line really, really well. To the ground. If we ever meet, I'll let you throw it.

I'm sure it's sacrilegious to say, buuuutttt...

I'm not much of a fan of the Squall mold.

Blasphemy!

Yes. First Flight. I'm not saying it's flippy at all...more like...it holds a line really, really well. To the ground. If we ever meet, I'll let you throw it.

I experienced the same thing. When it started wandering in headwinds, I just stuck with SPs.

As far as plastics,
Aftershock: SPs are the beefiest, new D-Lines are borderline understable, but the old basket stamp D-Lines start out just like PLs.
Squall: SPs take power better, but actually have less fade than PLs, and Glow Squalls have the least turn and fade. D-Line Squalls start out like PLs.

Just to clarify, Glow Squalls have least fade but MOST turn out of the box. Only a beat up D Squall (which doesn't take long; 25-50 throws) or Proline Squall (1000 throws) will turn more. The Flex Line Squall flew out of the box like a Proline Squall after maybe 50-100 throws, but with slightly less fade.

I love the
[...]
SP and Proline Tsunami, basically a PD or longer, much glidier firebird which is awesome because you can get it in proline which is the perfect grippy cycling plastic. Not quite as durable as star and more grippy.

Hellfire, faster firebird OR slightly slower xcal/force. Not a useless FAF firebird, more like a usable Xcal. If you like really overstable drivers then...duh

I'm a big PL Tsunami fan. I'm limiting myself to just 3 in the bag, but I love how they season. They're great for OS shots when fresh, and they laser in their sweet spot, but remain consistent in headwinds.

The Hellfire reminds me of a Champ Monster

Sure.

Steady x2. D line for putts
Reef D line for loooong putts and runs
Breaker sparkle flex. The BEST upshot disc in the game. The BEST.
Squall flex line. Hyzerflips and smooth annys!
Aftershock sparkle (flex). Straight lines. Very buzzzish flight sans skip.
Aftershock proline (new run). A bit overstable. Short hyzer shots and smooth flights.
Reaper x2 big z. Straight fairway with a nice little hookup. My new love!
Sail proline. New disc. Rollers rollers rollers rollers rollers rollers. Spike annys?
Undertow x2 sparkle. Nice woods disc. Understable with a big weird fade. Nice!
Hurricane x4 proline. From star tern to teerex.
Hurricane x2 sparkle. From fresh destroyer to ti force
Crank x2 esp. Distance hyzerflips. Test phase.
Tsunami proline. Mid distance straight to overstable lines.

Think that's it. Sure I'm forgetting something!
Lol..any questions?

Yeah, where can I get a SP Flex Aftershock??

Hellfire! I knew it!

PL or SP?
Or some other super limited Team DGA exclusive blend?
DGA loves to tease. D Breakers, SP Flex Breakers, Proline Steadys, SP Hellfires, Flex Line Squalls and now apparently SP Flex Aftershocks.

The hellfire I've been throwing lately is a ~167 proline. It's easily as beefy as my max weight sparkles, but a tad easier on the shoulder for overhands.

The "flex" aftershocks aren't REALLY a real thing. Just a super gummy run of neon green/yellow sparkles, stock sp stamp and all. I first saw them in Joshua Castles bag before I became sponsored. Most of the ones I've seen were pretty light too. Only a couple team members like them at all. I try to keep my "super limited team DGA exclusives" to a minimum. I carry three things that are hard to come by: the flexed up aftershock, an extra stable flat undertow that I'm trying to phase out, and a flippy hurricane.

The hellfire I've been throwing lately is a ~167 proline. It's easily as beefy as my max weight sparkles, but a tad easier on the shoulder for overhands.
[...]
I carry three things that are hard to come by: the flexed up aftershock, an extra stable flat undertow that I'm trying to phase out, and a flippy hurricane.

I've been throwing my PL Hellfire a bunch in several different situations, and it's started to straighten out, which is much easier to power down, but I'm now also bagging a SP for super meathook shots.

I'd say the Flex Breaker is pretty limited, too. As far as flippy Hurricanes, I haven't thrown a FF PL Hurricane, but I'm really liking the Glow Cane.

I've got my fingers crossed on my hellfire straightening out a bit. It sees pretty limited action as it is. I got my Flex Breaker in 2014...so I didn't really think of them as hard to come by...but it seems like I'm wrong. Too bad...they are really nice. I have white prolines as my back ups.

My flippy hurricane is an older production run with a low wing. They are pretty solid flyers.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the new Sail but what I really want from DGA is something that flies like a Sparkle Undertow without the wide rim. Maybe an XS variant. Like Declarkus said a seasoned Proline Tsunami is a gem; sadly I lost my 165g baby last fall. Also a Z Lite Hurricane would be sweet if it molded up well.

You're not alone in dreaming of small rimmed drivers. I've been...let's day...adamant about this very subject.