• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

BTW, when is someone going to post profile pic comparing these to the circa 2012 FAF 12x, Glow, and Metal Flake runs? I don't own any of those or I would.

...and for good measure,

left side is my favorite 11x - right side 2018 Pearly

Really puts the contemporary Firebird's stability into perspective.

Attachments

• D12CC2B6-921B-43CB-A977-FC698D9B7C5F.jpg
    D12CC2B6-921B-43CB-A977-FC698D9B7C5F.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 122
Here's my stash of pearls so far - reserves on the left, throwers on the right. I should be good with these, they are all max weight except for one thrower which is a 167g. The problem is, they are really nice at light weight too...
It's a good thing I limit myself to shades yellow and green, because some of the purple ones I've seen are super pretty. Remember folks, these won't be around forever.

Attachments

• C25DDA7C-C0D9-4851-9A41-76EB6FBE2D78.jpg
    C25DDA7C-C0D9-4851-9A41-76EB6FBE2D78.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 133
Here's my stash of pearls so far - reserves on the left, throwers on the right. I should be good with these, they are all max weight except for one thrower which is a 167g. The problem is, they are really nice at light weight too...
It's a good thing I limit myself to shades yellow and green, because some of the purple ones I've seen are super pretty. Remember folks, these won't be around forever.

Incredible run, nice set.
I'm happy to see others are digging this run.

Those do look nice. Seeing as I'm only on my 2nd Firebird in 5 years, and only because I lost the first one, those would last me a LONG time.

Those do look nice. Seeing as I'm only on my 2nd Firebird in 5 years, and only because I lost the first one, those would last me a LONG time.

These definitely break in faster than the 2012s. They kind of flake off little slices of plastic. I might see this as a good thing, because I never managed beat the old ones to straight.

Are these only yellow/green? I want to get a pair, but I'm not quite sure what to look for.

Flat Topped mine with the oven trick

EVkmGrG

https://imgur.com/a/EVkmGrG

I have a 12 time champion ken climo firebird. It has the stamp with no flight numbers and the larger version of his signature, what year is this and is it highly sought after?

Sounds like a 2010/11 and any PFN Firebird has some desireability, but if it's the run that is super flat and not at all flexible that is the most sought after as a thrower.

I've been seeing some excellent stock flat luster-looking firebirds. They are more flexible than an FAF, but they look like them and are nearly as flat.

I heard Innova has been upping their firebird game because Discraft is coming out with a clone. The proto I saw even has the micro-beed at the edge of the wing a la firebirds, teebirds, thunderbirds, PDs etc.

I've been seeing some excellent stock flat luster-looking firebirds. They are more flexible than an FAF, but they look like them and are nearly as flat.

I heard Innova has been upping their firebird game because Discraft is coming out with a clone. The proto I saw even has the micro-beed at the edge of the wing a la firebirds, teebirds, thunderbirds, PDs etc.

The latest run is the best since around 2015 IMO, it's not quite FAF and is a little gummy. They are pearly and pretty. Also very stable, not FAF stable but close.

Latest posts