• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alternative to 150 Flick?

bike2disk

Hello all.

I have been looking into the 150 Flick for FH drives, but the store where I live has precious few Discraft discs. They do carry the whole line of Innova discs, and they are soooper cheap in DX, cheaper than online mail order. I am wondering what innova disc would be most comperable to the Flick in the 150 class. Firebird, Teerex? Thanks a ton for any help you can offer!

Carl

Haven't thrown either of those Innova discs in 150 class, but I'd assume given the Flick's flippyness, the TeeRex would be a better choice than the Firebird. Possibly a Groove?

I know that you are trying to go cheap. But if you go through DiscGolfCenter, A Pro-D Force is only 7.49 shipping included if you get 2 of them. They require that you buy more than $12 of merchandise be for you get free shipping. Just a thought.

SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:
given the Flick's flippyness

Wow... there's something I never expected to read.

:lol: well he IS talking about the 150 flick

Well, I do have a weenie of an arm. My backhand D is pitiful, so theres no way I could turn it over BH. My forearm D is getting better, but with a good FH throw my Wraith and Starfire still fade pretty hard at the end of their flight. I am turning over a 165 Teebird though...

130g E Spirit. Not sure where to find them but someone here may know. I messed around with someones at a tournament once and boy was it fun to throw. I couldn't flatten it to save my life.

bike2disk said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:

Well, I do have a weenie of an arm. My backhand D is pitiful, so theres no way I could turn it over BH. My forearm D is getting better, but with a good FH throw my Wraith and Starfire still fade pretty hard at the end of their flight. I am turning over a 165 Teebird though...

There's a problem. A 165g TB shouldn't flip unless its going 420'+, there's a 10+mph headwind, or its beat to snot. If those aren't happening, its probably OAT.

BeSquared said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:

Even so, if someone flips a flick without OAT I expect that thing to fly a country mile.

Oh they do...they do indeed 8)

That's why it's the only 150 class disc still in my bag! I just wish I could find one that flies like the one I've got that's too beaten in...it's too flippy now, and all my other ones are piggies compared to it :(

dgdave said:
bike2disk said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:

There's a problem. A 165g TB shouldn't flip unless its going 420'+, there's a 10+mph headwind, or its beat to snot. If those aren't happening, its probably OAT.
I think there is a difference between turning over and flipping. Turning over, to me, is when I throw a bad shot with OAT and it fades to the right out of my hand. (RHBH) Flipping, on the other hand, is when a disc is naturally understable and it flips flat or to the right due to torque and disc speed... or wind :)

Agreed. TB shouldn't flip. Backhand I'm throwing them 350'+ and it's absolutely impossible for me to throw TB on a slight hyzer and turn it over (unless the disc is junked or there's headwind.)

I turn them over sidearm by accident when I try too hard... but I can also smell the sweet cinnamon/raisin OAT before it leaves my hand.

Fizzy said:
Agreed. TB shouldn't flip. Backhand I'm throwing them 350'+ and it's absolutely impossible for me to throw TB on a slight hyzer and turn it over (unless the disc is junked or there's headwind.)

I turn them over sidearm by accident when I try too hard... but I can also smell the sweet cinnamon/raisin OAT before it leaves my hand.
sweet smell, bit a very bitter after taste.

There's no 150 Predator, right? Why not? I really want one! Was there ever a 150 predator made? I have a 150 TB and I get way more right to left action out of it on a high hyzer line than a normal TB because at the end of the flight, it does more gliding and less dropping. So I started thinking how awesome a 150 predator would be for the same shot. Anyway, I never threw a flick. Do you think a 150 flick would fit the bill? And, like I said before, why is there no 150 predator? (or am I completely wrong about this)

p.s. It's probably bad form to bring back an old thread like this. Sorry.

dgdave said:
bike2disk said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:

fwiw...

This was my first thought...

BeSquared said:
dgdave said:
bike2disk said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:
SkaBob said:

I think there is a difference between turning over and flipping. Turning over, to me, is when I throw a bad shot with OAT and it fades to the right out of my hand. (RHBH) Flipping, on the other hand, is when a disc is naturally understable and it flips flat or to the right due to torque and disc speed... or wind :)

I feel the same way, but have the opposite view of those terms... I'm pretty sure it's only because I say flippy quicker (as a word) than I am able to say turn over, and therefore refer to flippy (flipping) when it turns right out of my hand. Turn over = naturally understable.

crazy. I wonder if there's a concensus on this already.

TheTyrant said:
130g E Spirit. Not sure where to find them but someone here may know. I messed around with someones at a tournament once and boy was it fun to throw. I couldn't flatten it to save my life.

So this made me wonder if we had any UL Spirits left...

I check our website, and the short description written by Jay years ago is, "Impossible to turn over."

I thought it was funny.

It's also assuring to know that you will never have to order more 129g Blue Spirits again... ever.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-8274/Sure-Grip-Spirit/ :lol:

Discraft really seems to have the hold on this spot. The Firebird is available in Champion at 150... tha Banshee (Champ)... but I can't think of any other disc of that speed(ish) that has these kind of characteristics.

yeah 3 posts in a row.

TheTyrant said:

Hey, I got a ultra-lite Spirit on my sell list, if the origional poster or anyone else wants one! $5 plus shipping:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4342300700_1c07cbc885_b.jpg

Hoey said:
TheTyrant said:

I check our website, and the short description written by Jay years ago is, "Impossible to turn over."

I thought it was funny.

It's also assuring to know that you will never have to order more 129g Blue Spirits again... ever.

Discraft really seems to have the hold on this spot. The Firebird is available in Champion at 150... tha Banshee (Champ)... but I can't think of any other disc of that speed(ish) that has these kind of characteristics.

yeah 3 posts in a row.
I smell a sale coming on for those. :lol:

riverboy said:
Hoey said:
TheTyrant said:

I thought it was funny.

yeah 3 posts in a row.
I smell a sale coming on for those. :lol:

please?

:lol:

obvious order too much is obvious