• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alternative to 150 Flick?

Fizzy said:
There's no 150 Predator, right? Why not? I really want one! Was there ever a 150 predator made? I have a 150 TB and I get way more right to left action out of it on a high hyzer line than a normal TB because at the end of the flight, it does more gliding and less dropping. So I started thinking how awesome a 150 predator would be for the same shot. Anyway, I never threw a flick. Do you think a 150 flick would fit the bill? And, like I said before, why is there no 150 predator? (or am I completely wrong about this)

p.s. It's probably bad form to bring back an old thread like this. Sorry.

There isn't a 150 pred (that I know of), but there WERE 150 Pro-D Tsunamis. I still have a few, but I've never thrown them much. As I recall they had slightly more stability than the 150 Avengers in more recent runs have.

The 150 Flick is a different type of disc. Bear in mind that the Flick isn't "true" overstable, it's "speed" overstable. If you don't get it up to speed, it'll fly like a pred. Once it's at cruising speed, the 150 Flick is actually quite flippy. It will fade back hard, especially when new, but it's more of a distance driver in 150 class than an overstable driver.

I also use them for super nutso trick shots. Stuff where I need an aggressive fade, but where the room I have says I can't throw a mid (either because it's too far, or too low), and my overstable discs (Avenger, Pred) aren't going to be long enough, or aren't going to get enough right-to-left travel.