• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I still a beginner? This is whats in my bag...

Highflyer420

Aviar, Bangger GT, ProRoc, BuzzzSS Z(177+), Nuke SS (172-174), and KC Wraith (174) .

Ive been reading through the posts here and I see alot of advise for beginners on disc selection. Ive been playing for a couple of years and I have gone through lots of discs, lost, traded and given away to other beginners.

Im scoring well and posted my first HIO this year so Im kinda thinking Im not a beginner and Id like some advise on moving to the next level as far as additional discs I should be keeping in my bag. Specifically something I can throw on a hyzer and get it flip-up level quickly if possible.

What you throw and how long you've been throwing are not the most important things for disc selection. How you throw is what's important.

As far as selection, you might want to think about picking up a fairway driver for more controlled drives. How far are you throwing the wraith and nuke?

Ok, I'll throw some advice in here too.

DX plastic is key, something flippy - beat in a DX valk for a few rounds, it will flip up flat to a laser, even flippier? 160 DX valk. Godspawn that will do exactly as you command? 170 DX teebird. Empty slots in the bag? more teebirds! Maybe a couple in champ, a couple in star, beat them in to different levels. A couple more buzzzes (pro d, esp) beat to different stages of flippiness. Those 3 molds should keep you busy for a while :D. Well, maybe a comet, can't go wrong with a comet.

I think it's great that you have just a few different molds in your bag. A couple of fairway drivers might be good. The pro leopard is a disc that can flip up flat like you want. So can a dx teebird or beat star teebird. Maybe try an echo star teebird. If that doesn't work, then a dx teebird or pro leopard. If that still won't flip then dx leopard, and go down in weight after that if you need even flippier, but keep working on beating in the pro leopard and star teebird, and they should be money for you for a long time.

Latest posts