• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Amazed by the Predator, any other Predator fans?

I bought a Z-Plastic 173 g Predator after reading online from a few reviewers that it was a great tomahawk disc, and I have to say that I'm thrown it tomahawk a few times, but prefer my Star Wraith over it for a tomahawk any day.

However I love the predator, not so much for driving, but crazily enough for long distance putts. I've made some longer shots with that than any of my other discs, even my putter. However just not as consistent.

I'm not a fan of the Pred for tomahawk throws, but I do like it for thumbers.

I have did it one time but a couple holes in a row.

The course I was playing was hard to navigate and was drawing my focus along with BSing with my buddy that was with me. A couple holes in a row, my "blue opto Fuse", which I had been dialed in with so nicely for standstill throws, went too far and faded a bit hard 2 times in a row. So I finally started paying attention, walked up and looked down to see a blue champ Leopard laying there. I had actually left the Fuse laying right by the basket on a previous shot 3 holes back! :doh:

I'm just glad I got my Fuse back and I now vary my colors more as I used to go almost all blue and white.

Yeah, I've never thrown the wrong discs but I always thought having the same color scheme would look cool for a bag. But I now see how there could be an issue with that.

I hate dark colored discs, because I spend much more time trying to find them, so I always buy the lightest color, easier to spot. Mostly white, yellow, and green.

Make no mistake, people should always look at the disc while in their hand before throwing, and 100% it was a lack of concentration.

I checked the PDGA tech standards:

Predator was approved May of 2002.

Tsunami was approved in 2008.

I've seen "old stamped" Preds with tourney stamps as late as 2004. My oldest Pred is a new stamp, but an old mold, and was bought probably around 2003-2004 or so.

Latest posts