• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Amazed by the Predator, any other Predator fans?

Predators are amazing. They are my main driver right now in my bag. I bought a dark green circle stamp z and at first I was pissed off because it wasn't overstable. Now it is my favorite disc. It flies just like a teebird, but with a little more fade. It is so predictable and awesome. I also have a good overstable one in my bag to compliment it. Great disc.

I loved the predators for skips but was always disappointed when throwing them into the wind.

Mahn how high iz you?

Anyways, I like the pred, definitely as versatile as everyone has claimed it to be, the main reason I picked one up, and I haven't been disappointed. Great for powering down, but will also get the job done if you lighten up on your throws with it. solid disc.

Maybe mine are just broken; they don't fly very overstable for me at all. A slight headwind and they have always acted pretty stable for me.

I keep one in the bag for skips (I haven't found anything that skips like a predator) and have an XXX for wind and overstable shots.

Flx and Esp is all I throw, with an occasional X in there for awesomeness. But, mainly for overhead shots and such. The Esp are just as long and L flight shaped as the Z, I prefer them. The Flx are definitely the most overstable and perform amazingly in the wind.

I have a Flx that finally lost some stability and was retired due to it being my first ace. But, it was sitting about where a nicely beat Esp is stability wise. It's beautiful for straight shots and insane over heads. But, I just keep it parked in the house. Still my favorite, nice and buttery.

I love the Preds for the flight the OP is talking about, but I didn't care for the X Preds nearly as much as the other plastics.

Some of the clear Zs can be meathooks to start but usually break in after a while to be that nice straight shot with a hard fade. Just have one FLX and mine flew just like my ESP out of the box.

I have an old Z Predator that I like for long fade shots. I do break out my Firebird for against the wind shots. The Pred flies farther, but the chicken fights the wind better. Although there is overlap, I carry both on windy days. The Pred is almost always in the bag.

Always keep 2-3 in my bag depending on wind/course. If the line/distance will allow me to get a Predator there, that's what I throw. Most trusted disc in my bag.

i just got one yesterday and its not as overstable as i was expecting, but i love the thing..its already earned a long stay in my bag:thmbup:

There's just something about the predator that I can't find in another disc.

Basket is right there, throw high and right, skip, and roll around the pole. Every time. It's scary how consistent it is.

There's just something about the predator that I can't find in another disc.

Basket is right there, throw high and right, skip, and roll around the pole. Every time. It's scary how consistent it is.

It is called a "predator" for a reason, thing just lock's on and attacks.:p

Much love for the pred.

I carry an old beat up 172 yellow pred in my bag. It has become my go-to disc for straight (bee line) 400' drives...when there is absolutely no chance of losing it.

Depending on snap, that disc will either stay stable, go straight, or do a nice S curve. Everybody asks, "was that really a predator?"....yup!

My newer preds don't act at all like my old one. If (when) I lose my yellow pred, I'll be up a creek without a paddle.

Definitely a favorite disc of mine. I don't use it for approaches as much since carrying the Vector but it's still one of the most versatile discs in my bag in terms of how it's used. BH and FH drives, approaches, rollers, overhands, flex shots, distance hyzers, windy distance lines etc. Go to disc for so many shots.

Just got a 170g blue esp in the mail.
I agree with the straight flight and late fade, and brand new it holds a fast hyzer.
Definitely not as good in the headwinds as I anticipated. (I had thrown a super beefy flx, and this lighter weight esp is nowhere close). But I completely understand the reliability and versatility.

got an X in a misprint deal and fell in love enough to grab two more from marshalstreet before they disappeared completely. the '2' stability rating is as far as i want to go... but yes, feels great in the hand and flies exactly the same throw after throw.