• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another putting question - anyone use both syles?

I've recently tried push putting too. I'm still working on consistent results. Once I get to about 30 ft, I have to really focus on the hit and a clean follow-through & release to get the disc there.

If I rapidly shift weight, put a bit more wrist pop in it, and bring my arm up, I can get the disc about 35 ft, but it's a lot harder to execute consistently. My jump putting outside the circle isn't great, but at lest I can get myself an easy follow-up putt consistently.

I just putt. Guess I really dunno which style I use, but I know when I think about stuff like that, I miss putts. I just focus on a link and throw my putter. When I'm doin' that, I hit putts.

Once you have found a way thats comfortable for you, this is how to do it. If you are thinking about mechanics during the round, you wont make as many.

I just putt. Guess I really dunno which style I use, but I know when I think about stuff like that, I miss putts. I just focus on a link and throw my putter. When I'm doin' that, I hit putts.

Once you have found a way thats comfortable for you, this is how to do it. If you are thinking about mechanics during the round, you wont make as many.

This is basically where I'm at, the only thing, technique-wise, I think about while putting is to push with my back foot for most of my power.

This for sure.....

I have found that focusing on mechanics during practice rounds and letting it go and just playing when it matters is the ticket for my success. Once in a local tourney or league match, etc... I just putt. No thoughts except focusing on the pole.