• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any body have "that spot" ?

Chris-pee

Par Member
The one on the course if you look you will always find a disc someone lost? On my home course, every time I look in this one spot, I always find lost plastic.

Last three times, three disc:Star xcal, champ fire bird and an LS Polaris

There's a pretty short hole at my local course. Made difficult by having a small landing area between a lot of tall vegetation. If you throw long or short you will usually come out with some plastic, not always the same thing you threw in there. Also a pretty common area to see the crusty punks scavenging.

There is a lake at my local course that I dont think I have ever not walked by the edge and not seen a disc someone has lost. Most of them are easy to return.

If I bring long pants, gloves and a long sleeve shirt I can usually find a few. There are some nasty thorny bushes that are super thick and will hide discs pretty well.

Last time I went I found 5. Called the 2 with names/e-mail. One told me to keep it, the other hasn't e-mailed back yet. I don't think he's going to.

The funny thing is the diversity of that spot. Some of the ones I have found:
Champ EL
Star Destroyer
DX Shark
Thrashed DX Raven
Beat Champ Beast (new mold)
Z Crush
Pearly Monster
DX Cheetah
DX Wraith
etc.

I will usually throw either a putter/midrange or a fairway driver depending on the tee and line.

I'm glad that Champ EL guy told me to keep it! That disc is awesome!

There's a specific spot I find a ton of discs... I once found 4 discs at one time. It's normally not great discs but I did find a CE valk last year and a practically brand new tye-dye Z avanger this year.

on a related note, I occasionally have dreams where I find stacks of discs under trees or in bushes.

mzuleger said:
on a related note, I occasionally have dreams where I find stacks of discs under trees or in bushes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is so me!
I usually find 8 or 9 discs at a time wedged under a log that *somehow* noone thinks to look under. And they never have phone numbers, even on the tasty stuff!
I dream big.

zuleger wrote:

That is so me!
I usually find 8 or 9 discs at a time wedged under a log that *somehow* noone thinks to look under. And they never have phone numbers, even on the tasty stuff!
I dream big.

glad to hear I'm not the only one.

i spent about 45 minutes looking for one of my favorite rocs last week and found four other discs before i found it... hole two at golden gate park turned it over the net and in the shit between two's basket and tens tee...

Murdoc Loch said:
i spent about 45 minutes looking for one of my favorite rocs last week and found four other discs before i found it... hole two at golden gate park turned it over the net and in the shit between two's basket and tens tee...

I was playing there a few months ago during the Sunday weekly and found a few discs myself - all had #'s and everyone was still on the course playing. Was offered a few rewards for the returns but I just said I'd hope to get mine back with no expectations if I lose one.

curt said:
zuleger wrote:

That is so me!
I dream big.

glad to hear I'm not the only one.
:lol: Me too!

that spot for me is in the basket. I always seem to find my disc there! :)

besides dreaming...I've had a lot of luck on my local course on the 9th hole. It's a pretty simple route, just a short anhyzer about 250ft but there's a small hill up, then immediately back down, so you can't see exactly where your disc lands. I think there's been a lot of rollers that have got out of control and people have looked in the wrong places. Every time I've found a disc there it's been either really short (150-200 ft) either in the fairway or just off to the left.

So far have picked up a dx teebird, kc pro teebird, star sidewinder, full color surge, and SUPRISE! a boss

yesterday I griplocked a X cyclone into some really thick vines/bushes. I started running after it as soon as it left my hand and never took my eyes off of where it went in. I got there, reached my hand in, felt a disc, and pulled out a champ monster with no info on it. I thought I was going to get an extra disc out of the deal, but 30 minutes later I still couldn't find that damn cyclone. :x

Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX: Holes 9 & 16 (deep left in the woods on both)

Found a Champ Beast (new), Champ Eagle (new), QJLS, DX Eagle, and Polaris LS over the course of 3 rounds.

on my local course, hole 9, is a bout a 350 foot hole with just this huge downhill, the entire hill is covered in trees and thorns and rocks, the only way down is down a narrow path that can only be traveled by foot, the basket is a little to the left at the bottom, since its a huge drop the wind turns over discs, and people loose track of them in the trees, i used to find a lot of discs there, but i haven't yet this year, everytime i play through it there is always a group or two looking for their disc