• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody toss the Gamma Ray?

yep........gave me anger problems
Hulk01.jpg

(Weakest joke of the year)

I've only been in this a short time,so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I throw RH sidearm and it throws almost like my KC banshee, although not as fast and turns a bit sooner.......

Just received mine and probably won't get to toss it until Saturday.
I'm just posting to comment on the color. This sucker is deep cranberry red. If you have a course that eats discs easily...ehh
On the bright side, their plastic does feel nice.

I went out for some field practice last night (right pec drills, so no power throws) and dropped the Gamma Ray in the bag to get some initial trials in.
First off, it feels different in your hand because it has a Firebird/Valk rim width but the rim is DEEP for a driver. For reference, the PGDA lists the rim depth on the Gamma Ray as 1.3 cm. That is the same rim depth as a Buzzz or a Coyote. The rim profile is almost triangular, the top and wing meet at a rather sharp nose and the wing is almost flat (so, no bead/notch/stabilizer).

Since I was only throwing it low speed, this won't help most of the people on this board but the throws I had with it were pretty straight and controlled. I'd say it'd probably be a good driver for some of my less serious casual playing friends. It was so straight at these low speeds that I can't imagine it'll be very stable when slung by someone with a serious arm.