• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are we just making things up with nose angle stuff now?

How many times has sidewinder missed his blow up mattress and blasted it into a wall :ROFLMAO: maybe it's got some screws loose

You can trick it for sure with pre swing movements. They are working on an error readout for when it senses this.
Haha, ya I do some back/forward pumps before I throw typically. Probably mostly because I only throw stand-still style and it helps me get a rhythm going, but I tried NOT to do this with the tech disc because i thought this would happen.

Interesting. I can't really vouch for the spin rate or angles it throws out, but they seemed plausibly accurate. My speed was 60+, and under 65 on my throws I tried which was almost exactly what I expected.

I can throw a slightly turning fairly standard drive with a wave right around 430-450' so...it seemed to line up with what I tend to actually see when I play.

I didn't read about any best practices, but I had heard that it calibrates itself with a moment of being stationary before a throw, so I did try to let it have that moment. I have absolutely no clue if that affects the output or not though.
Try a little approach shot into a net. Something you know would only go about 200' then go full power, see what the mph change is.

@disc-golf-neil

I did try that combination yep, effect for me was a big reduction on hyzer angle. Had one that was crazy nose down that way but couldn't replicate it.

Will definitely start compiling into data sets and actual throw sets etc, but it was night one and I just had to have my fun cracking a few beers and messing around!

I definitely don't want to get caught up chasing numbers with it, but it does seem like it can be a really useful tool for me, especially when winter hits.

@disc-golf-neil

I did try that combination yep, effect for me was a big reduction on hyzer angle. Had one that was crazy nose down that way but couldn't replicate it.

Will definitely start compiling into data sets and actual throw sets etc, but it was night one and I just had to have my fun cracking a few beers and messing around!

I definitely don't want to get caught up chasing numbers with it, but it does seem like it can be a really useful tool for me, especially when winter hits.
My guess as to the change in hyzer angle is due to a change in your arm plane / hyzer lean either from the changed disc orientation creating more urge to modify the swing plane to more of an anhyzer arc and / or posture to be more anhyzer. Perhaps if you exaggerate a normal throw on a lot of hyzer, like >=30 and then do the turn the key with that same exaggeration you might see only a small difference in hyzer. That's happened to be before too.

When briefcasing or changing the disc alignment you see the rim opposite of where you grip angled on more anhyzer and it's very tempting to follow that angle if your body / mind isn't used to knowing / feeling that the disc orientation like that is only temporary and not meant to be closer to a maintained alignment.