• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I think these are going to be hot. I ordered 75 and only have 40 left after the presale. $12.95 shipped! I love the feel of them. Kind of what was said before, "premium baseline" if you will.

I putted with a pair of these around in a packed garage full of tools and storage BS but even after missing some putts and hitting very weird stuff like you would never find on a DG course these seem to hold up a little better vs the protos. IMO the firm/regular blend is a touch harder even when I held one up to a space heater it didn't have the same kind of give you find in the soft plastic.

REALLY like this firm/regular production run and could see it even being a HAIR more firm but also leaves room for a truly stiff/firm plastic in this electron blend vs regular and soft like we have in proton/neutron.

Grip is just stupid even in 30 degree temps with cold hands.

I putted with a pair of these around in a packed garage full of tools and storage BS but even after missing some putts and hitting very weird stuff like you would never find on a DG course these seem to hold up a little better vs the protos. IMO the firm/regular blend is a touch harder even when I held one up to a space heater it didn't have the same kind of give you find in the soft plastic.

REALLY like this firm/regular production run and could see it even being a HAIR more firm but also leaves room for a truly stiff/firm plastic in this electron blend vs regular and soft like we have in proton/neutron.

Grip is just stupid even in 30 degree temps with cold hands.

Word. They could definitely release something one notch more firm that this for the people who like their putters rock solid.

I can't wait to get a bright colored one to beat in as my thrower. The one I am using now is gray, and that isn't always safe.

yeah I have a magic in the garage with a few other discs and happened to pick it up off the floor.. stamped "soft" but I could hardly bend it being frozen and such a thick flight plate but WOW if that's soft even when my new atoms were frozen they still had give' im not sure how people even purchase gateway plastic without feeling it first b/c that disc is ROCK hard "soft" but still damages pretty easily... :\

Anyone putting with these have an option on weight? Is there a huge difference?

So I just read a couple of reviews at Allthingsdiscgolf and their numbers after testing were:
Proxy 3, 3.5, -1, 0
Atom 2, 3, 0, 1.
Atom soft 2, 3, 0, 0

Can you guys comment on those?

splitting glide into 1/2 numbers seems odd but they rated envy @ 3, 3.5, -0.5, 1.25 and proxy shares the envy core...

Atom IMO is not any slower really nor does it have less glide by .5 (whatever that is.....) If the envy "fade" is 1.25 and proxy is 0 there is something goofy rating the softs vs regular with a 0/1-- they are no where near 2 different flying discs.

The atom is between a proxy and envy IMO.

So I just read a couple of reviews at Allthingsdiscgolf and their numbers after testing were:
Proxy 3, 3.5, -1, 0
Atom 2, 3, 0, 1.
Atom soft 2, 3, 0, 0

Can you guys comment on those?

splitting glide into 1/2 numbers seems odd but they rated envy @ 3, 3.5, -0.5, 1.25 and proxy shares the envy core...

Atom IMO is not any slower really nor does it have less glide by .5 (whatever that is.....) If the envy "fade" is 1.25 and proxy is 0 there is something goofy rating the softs vs regular with a 0/1-- they are no where near 2 different flying discs.

The atom is between a proxy and envy IMO.

Aim's last sentence is spot on. The Atom is between Proxy and Envy, but it's gonna beat in to be a Proxy, essentially.

As for their ratings, 3 is a stupid glide number on these...way too low. The Atom bombs. I'd put it, personally, at 3/4.5/-1/1. I'm using it where I would use a Proxy or Theory before. Mine is worn, though, but even out of the box I'd give it a small amount of turn.

Meh. I'd say 3/5/0/1. Flight numbers don't mean a WHOLE lot in the end, anyway.

Between Proxy and Envy is what you need to know. Very Anode like, is what I'm really sticking with.

Does the production Atom have that kewl vapor treated rim?

No, the overmold is different than those Proto putters. It is a little softer, and grippier than the regular overmold though. But not as velvety as the Protos.

No, the overmold is different than those Proto putters. It is a little softer, and grippier than the regular overmold though. But not as velvety as the Protos.

Good thing I got those blues then. That's what's so money.

Got some crazy bounce ups and roll-aways today with my Atom. I know part of it was me and part of it was bad luck, but I'll be curious to see if others experience anything similar. They definitely have a little spring to them.

I could get kickup rollaways with a cinder block so that not scaring me , lol.

Haha, no doubt. I'm just hoping people don't use this as an excuse to rag on the disc.

As my confidence as built with it, I've hit more and more long putts with it and a bevy of tricky upshots. It's a really fun mold.

While some discs are more prone to the rollaway, IMO it has to do more with spin. If you have a lot of spin on your putts, they are gonna have more energy when they hit the ground/basket. Every putter I have ever used gets rollaways, and I bet its the archer not the arrow.

Latest posts