• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

maybe you should just throw harder.

That is the downside of having more weight in the rim. A higher moment of inertia means you have to increase torque while sacrificing touch/control. There is a happy medium that varies from player to player.

Would be cool if MVP started producing discs with a uniform density of plastic between the core and the nose. Then give customers the option of a gyro nose or non-gyro nose. Sales will increase as MVP fanatics will want both a gyro Ion and non-gyro Ion in their bag.

That is the downside of having more weight in the rim. A higher moment of inertia means you have to increase torque while sacrificing touch/control. There is a happy medium that varies from player to player.

i disagree that you have to sacrifice control to throw a mvp disc.. thats actually a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Would be cool if MVP started producing discs with a uniform density of plastic between the core and the nose.

yeah im sure they'll get on that right after jeep makes a sports car and microsoft changes into a soda company.

Sales will increase as MVP fanatics will want both a gyro Ion and non-gyro Ion in their bag.

NO.

I personally don't think MVP's re-invented the wheel or anything, it is possible to overstate the difference between their discs and others, but for me there is a difference.

Not better or worse, just different. There's multiple forces at work in a disc's flight, I just think that the MVP design shifts the emphasis between them a bit.

Ive had several of the local open players look sideways at the overmold, but then say damn they should make a whole disc in the core material it feels great.

If you haven't done the testing primatively even with a lid and some taped on coins I wouldn't comment on the topic. Try and get back to it.

Its science which you cant really argue. Whether it impacts your throws might be one thing but after carrying a pretty much all MVP bag for 2 years I can say there is a difference. Specially when it comes to understable discs handling more power or their slower discs flying longer/straighter. There is a reason why a lot of players don't get the turn or glide out of MVP discs of the same speed class and weight as their conventional single shot molds and the only thing I can blame it on is the added weight to the rim and low RPMs on the disc when thrown regardless of power level.
Oh ok, so random stranger taping pennies to a disc and throwing it equates to science :doh:

Obviously you CAN argue it, because disc manufacturers figured out how to weight discs a long time ago and there is no measured standard that scientifically shows MVP discs against other comparable discs. And for me, Neutron plastic has zero glide (that's not to say their other plastics don't glide).

well my comment got deleted when i actually added to the convo.

disc was kiinda like an ion not an anode when i threw it yesterday

You gotta pay the troll toll

I seriously cannot wait until they release Ions in this plastic. It will be happy #1 putter forever. The Atom is cool but I don't really dig beadless putters. It's still nice to see MVP expanding, though.

Atom stamp looks cool :thmbup: More of that! MVP's default Neutron stamp is pretty stale.

I personally don't think MVP's re-invented the wheel or anything, it is possible to overstate the difference between their discs and others, but for me there is a difference.

Not better or worse, just different. There's multiple forces at work in a disc's flight, I just think that the MVP design shifts the emphasis between them a bit.

I mean, "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters."

--Popeye D. Sailor

I like gyro, they have been way more durable for me, regardless if they fly farther, shorter, better, or worse than other discs. Throw what you like and stop crying about gyro not being effective.

I like gyro, they have been way more durable for me, regardless if they fly farther, shorter, better, or worse than other discs. Throw what you like and stop crying about gyro not being effective.

the only people crying about it not being effective is the people who cant activate the gyro benefit. once you can activate it, you will see and reap the benefits that only the mvp discs have to offer

the only people crying about it not being effective is the people who cant activate the gyro benefit. once you can activate it, you will see and reap the benefits that only the mvp discs have to offer
Word

I will have elmexdela's bag converted by 2016. He already can throw a motion better than his firebirds for a fact and I think a few other discs. Ill just donate him a bag of MVP so he can be cool like Nolan and I.

all gyro bag or nothing?

Is it a problem to go between gyro and non-gyro?

I will have elmexdela's bag converted by 2016. He already can throw a motion better than his firebirds for a fact and I think a few other discs. Ill just donate him a bag of MVP so he can be cool like Nolan and I.

He ain't the only one being converted. I am rocking the theory and envy. Just got a proton ion I was gonna use as trade bait, but it just feels so right in the hand. Gonna get a proxy, atom, crave, inspire, inertia, impulse, Tesla. Al ready have a volt. Hoping Axiom gives us distance drivers. Mvp/axiom won me over this year. By listening to customers, they gained a new one. Still going to have my innova/mixed bag. But an all mvp/axiom bag must happen

all gyro bag or nothing?

Is it a problem to go between gyro and non-gyro?

not at all. I just find its really easy to keep similar feel due to cores being the same across different models and then plastics as well as complementary models being produced which although as a big fan from the get go of MVP's in a hurry to get everything right away I understand why they take one class and make w/x/y/z disc from it then move up.

Electron plastic just expands that amount of complementary flights without changing molds/companies given how its expanded in their line up, which is one of the fastest growing in the past few years IMO without doing the fact checking.

Needless to say I am more excited then ever to rock and all MVP bag. I mean hell by the 12th I could also be wearing all gyro outside of some pants.

If you haven't done the testing primatively even with a lid and some taped on coins I wouldn't comment on the topic. Try and get back to it.

Its science which you cant really argue. Whether it impacts your throws might be one thing but after carrying a pretty much all MVP bag for 2 years I can say there is a difference. Specially when it comes to understable discs handling more power or their slower discs flying longer/straighter. There is a reason why a lot of players don't get the turn or glide out of MVP discs of the same speed class and weight as their conventional single shot molds and the only thing I can blame it on is the added weight to the rim and low RPMs on the disc when thrown regardless of power level.

Would it be worthwhile then for MVP to make Blizzard/Air/Lite plastic cores and a heavier overmold to compensate? That would seemingly give more of the gyro effect. :confused: