• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aug 25 ?? - Dallas to Taos to Denver

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
Leaving Dallas Saturday night to make Taos in the morning, so not planning to play anything during that part of the drive. Crazy that I made this trip in 2021 directly to Denver and there are so many new courses in random places along the way. Witchita Falls had 1 or 2, now it's 8+. Awesome to see the growth of rural DG, maybe hit some of the 3.5 stars next time Khraungbin plays Red Rocks.
Last trip I hit that cute city park in Pueblo and most of the front range 4+ star courses, plus a couple of the more popular Denver courses on the west side.

Taos Sunday, 8-25: hopefully Sipappu Resort and Angel Fire if possible. I normally don't adjust to altitude quickly, and depends on how much time we spend searching for discs, next tees, etc. Maybe I hit Angel Fire on the way to Denver in the morning, but it also depends where we stay (not camping, too damn old to sleep on the ground). If anyone has a suggestion for somewhat nice accommodations in the area, I'm all ears. My buddy is also looking for a massage kinda thing to do while I throw so somewhere with both rooms and a 'spa' would be perfect.

Monday 8-26: If we play Angle Fire then we'll probably skip a stop in Colorado Springs to bag anything there, an exception may be Skol Ranch if it's not too far out of the way. Again, an unfamiliar course and/or lost discs would have a big influence on timing. Checking into the hotel in Morrison late, so another course depends on the sunset. Maybe drive down to Fehringer and grab supplies.

Tuesday 8-27: Beaver Ranch and Grand Isle. I only played the pitch and putt course last time through. I had to skip Bailey last time and regret it so much now :(
Link to Khraungbin's new album, but they've been playing old stuff for the 2nd half of shows this tour.

Wednesday 8-28: Did I mention that I'd be working remote most of this time? That should be interesting with cell coverage in the mountains. Slow driving day, will likely bag anything I missed ont he way up to Denver, maybe the Amarillo course to stretch our legs if the wind isn't ridiculous. The other option is to head west into the mountains and hit Ghost Town and Rocky Mtn Village.

Beaver Ranch and Grand Isle will be a good day if you do that. Didn't get to play Rocky Mt. Village but it looks decent.

Latest posts