• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin Vacation

I don't know dude, Manor is still pretty hilly, to say that it don't even come close to having the extreme elevation changes is a stretch. The ONLY thing I give Ridge over manor is location, but then Cricle C has Ridge beat on that one. I'm also a little bit schocked at how many beer cans have already started to appear. But that's the fault of creeps.

Ridge reminds me of a Colorado course more than any of the others, but then again, like Ridge, most of those are still 4's and lower too.

PLUS its not as OMG hard as some are making it out to be.

I think the key word I was trying to get across is "extreme" elevation changes. I know that both courses still only technically have "hills" & not mountains, but the elevation changes seem much more pronounced @ the Ridge course. I haven't really gotten to play any "mountain courses" so I can't really compare to courses in CO & such.

I am curious... which course in TX that you've gotten to play is more challenging than the Ridge course?? To me, Circle C & Manor are far more forgiving than the Ridge @ this point in time... but then again that might be because I've played Circle C & Manor dozens upon dozens of times & only played the Ridge all the way through 3 or so times.

Played manor on my last trip and after living in Austin for five years and playing tons of courses manor is really amazing. I played it during a hot humid day after it had been pouring and still was a blast. Location is out there a ways but worth the drive. Circle c is and always has been great to play on south Austin

I think the key word I was trying to get across is "extreme" elevation changes. I know that both courses still only technically have "hills" & not mountains, but the elevation changes seem much more pronounced @ the Ridge course. I haven't really gotten to play any "mountain courses" so I can't really compare to courses in CO & such.

I am curious... which course in TX that you've gotten to play is more challenging than the Ridge course?? To me, Circle C & Manor are far more forgiving than the Ridge @ this point in time... but then again that might be because I've played Circle C & Manor dozens upon dozens of times & only played the Ridge all the way through 3 or so times.

I've only played Ridge once but I can think of rounds at Manor where I got into a ton of trouble. Also I have only played 22 TX courses so far. So I cant really answer any. I get the feeling that you and I like the same things in courses. We should meet up and play Ridge sometime after winter goes back up to where it belongs.

I argue in faovor of rating CC and Manor higher than Ridge based mostly on things that Ridge can improve, like cement and trashcans. Ridge just hasnt had the money and time put into it that both CC and Manor have and the reviews so far do not reflect this.

Based soley on the land I could have them all or let a coin flip decide. I LOVE the elevated creek at Manor that guards the green at number 11 like a moat. As far as a course kicking my ass...... well, I'm not a pro anyway so I'm always expecting my ass to get kicked out there.

I've only played Ridge once but I can think of rounds at Manor where I got into a ton of trouble. Also I have only played 22 TX courses so far. So I cant really answer any. I get the feeling that you and I like the same things in courses. We should meet up and play Ridge sometime after winter goes back up to where it belongs.

I argue in faovor of rating CC and Manor higher than Ridge based mostly on things that Ridge can improve, like cement and trashcans. Ridge just hasnt had the money and time put into it that both CC and Manor have and the reviews so far do not reflect this.

Based soley on the land I could have them all or let a coin flip decide. I LOVE the elevated creek at Manor that guards the green at number 11 like a moat. As far as a course kicking my ass...... well, I'm not a pro anyway so I'm always expecting my ass to get kicked out there.

Please don't get me wrong... I LOVE Manor & CC & they are both tough, great courses. If I were to rate them, I'd give CC a 5, Manor a 4.5, & The Ridge 4.

Circle C is just the most complete course in town w/ the dual practice baskets, concrete tees & signs on virtually every hole. The framed boxes, benches, and trash cans are top-notch as well. I don't really know if they could make it any nicer if they tried.

Only knock on Manor would be the lack of a designated practice basket, the short boxes aren't long enough, & the fact that they'll lock u in if you're not out of the park a few minutes before dark. :thmbdown: #11 is a super sweet hole. I always seem to develop a case of butt pucker when I'm putting over the moat. :D Manor tore me a new one yesterday. I was tossin' like utter poo-poo.

My personal favorite is The Ridge... mostly b/c of the pure challenge, the extreme elevation changes, the unique pin placements & the newness of it to me. That place has a LOT of potential. The fairways do seem tighter than both CC & Manor & I absolutely love the challenge of hitting that perfect line. There is a lot of work to be done out there, mainly w/ the boxes. I really don't mind packing out my trash (w/ the exception of my dog's poo-poo), but obviously many other people don't feel the same way.

We should definately meet up for a round some time. I'm gunna be up in DFW most of next week for work, but would be up for a weekend round if weather permits. Take care buddy. :)

Please don't get me wrong... I LOVE Manor & CC & they are both tough, great courses. If I were to rate them, I'd give CC a 5, Manor a 4.5, & The Ridge 4.

Circle C is just the most complete course in town w/ the dual practice baskets, concrete tees & signs on virtually every hole. The framed boxes, benches, and trash cans are top-notch as well. I don't really know if they could make it any nicer if they tried.

Only knock on Manor would be the lack of a designated practice basket, the short boxes aren't long enough, & the fact that they'll lock u in if you're not out of the park a few minutes before dark. :thmbdown: #11 is a super sweet hole. I always seem to develop a case of butt pucker when I'm putting over the moat. :D Manor tore me a new one yesterday. I was tossin' like utter poo-poo.

My personal favorite is The Ridge... mostly b/c of the pure challenge, the extreme elevation changes, the unique pin placements & the newness of it to me. That place has a LOT of potential. The fairways do seem tighter than both CC & Manor & I absolutely love the challenge of hitting that perfect line. There is a lot of work to be done out there, mainly w/ the boxes. I really don't mind packing out my trash (w/ the exception of my dog's poo-poo), but obviously many other people don't feel the same way.

We should definately meet up for a round some time. I'm gunna be up in DFW most of next week for work, but would be up for a weekend round if weather permits. Take care buddy. :)

I think we are in total agreement. The trashcan comment was directed at the Ridge users who have found the trees and bushes to be suitable for their empties. I'll PM you my avail times next week as soon as I get my schedule. Then we'll see what works.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied. We were able to hit Circle C, Pease Park, and a few holes of (muddy) Wilco, and had a great time! Take care

Latest posts