• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average distance variance between putter, mid, fairway and distance driver.

gammaxgoblin

Eagle Member
What is your rough average difference in throws between putter, mid, fairway and dd? A video a saw seemed to indicate about a 100' total gain in distance from putter to distance driver from ~350' to ~450'. I think mids were ~380' and fairway about ~420'. This about right for most of you, a 100' span?

Yah..I'd have to say my distance span is typically 100ft from putter to driver. Probably a little more if I'm going for max d, etc.

Yeah about 100' for me, about 10% between each disc class.

I think for shorter throwers it will be far less than 100' and for very long throwers it could be quite different depending on if they can smash on putters, or they rely on discing up a lot. The numbers you listed sound reasonable for an open level player.

Putters- 200'
Mids: 315-330'
Fairways: 350-400ish'
DD: 375-450'

Longest air shot, on flat ground, 520' esp crank. Did it! Haven't been able to do it again, but I did it. :/

I generally don't throw distance drivers, but there's about 150' between my putter and fairway driver. I just won't tell you how far I throw my putter....

I'll be brave and say that I can throw my putter only 150', my MR/FD around 175'

Hey, I started playing seriously only 6 months ago! :\ I've been tweaking my form, trying to reduce rounding and I notice that my discs usually fly like they're on a frozen rope about 4 feet off the ground. I'm sure my release angle sucks.

How on earth are you only throwing putters 200ft and your DD out to 400+?

I can throw them farther, but not accurately. If I'm going to throw 250, I'll power down a mid or switch to fh.

A lot depends on what putter you use. If you throw a glideless putter like a Rhyno, it won't go as far as a Pure or Ion.

Wizards and scales, but just don't like driving with putters. They are approach discs and putters for me.

Putter: 200
Mid: 270
Fairway: 300
DD: 350 (average 250)

Ive a noodle arm, but i have gotten my only distance driver out to 350 before but normally i either turn it over too much or dont put enough speed on it. I only really throw it when i have a tail wind. It is pretty flippy and hard for me to control. I imagine if i owned something like a tern or a spectra my DD average would be somewhere around 330.

I think it's less for me. On similarly good throws my Tank will go ~270', and a SW will go ~340'.

~100' is the gap for me from putter to distance driver, but the gaps between classes aren't very even. I have a bigger gap between mids and fairways. Seems like I need to work on throwing mids and distance drivers.

Only about 70'. Putters 230, fairways 300. DD's also 300.

Looks like an issue of arm speed not matching disc speed. Have you tried lighter versions of your DDs?

Oh, I know my form's bad. I rarely throw anything faster than a Volt. The Wraith, Insanity, Mamba only get used in certain situations (headwinds, low ceilings, and tailwinds respectively).