• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

johnnygunz

Bogey Member
Did not see a thread on this disc yet, though I did see it was being discussed on the new Innova stuff thread. Just got my pre-release prototype in today and took it out for some practice throws. So far I am a really big fan. I was surprised to see how much of a puddle-top mine had when it came in. Feels great both forehand and backhand. Definitely a lot more stable than my Star aviar3 and a touch more stable than the new P3X. Maybe not quite as stable as my zones but it is pretty close. I was really happy with how clean it comes out of the hand sidearm. Also had times with a pretty big headwind today and it did not phase it at all.

Has anyone else gotten the chance to throw this yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. I think this is a disc that is going to be really well received.

Word, its a new trend. these thinner throwing putters. They are really useful, like speed 4 discs.

I am going to guess it will be Innova's Envy. Which is a good move by them. Aviar 3 is sweet, 3x is just a good idea. interested to see this when its out.

I'm looking forward to trying out the AviarX3. Your review is promising. I really want an "Innova Zone". Hopefully this mold makes sure I never throw a Pig again. I hope they all come out puddle topped or at least board flat. Star plastic is nice but they should release it in other plastic types. They should have just given this mold a completely new name.

I am going to guess it will be Innova's Envy.

I must have the least overstable Envy in the history of Disc Golf, because my Neutron Envy just is not "all that" overstable. My Envy is comparable to my Star Stud, perhaps with a bit less glide than the Stud. My Envy is not as overstable as any of my Harps or my ESP Zone. The Envy is a good disc and I'm not trying to disparage it, and this isn't aimed at ThomasOrion specifically. But my experience with it is not one of overstability...
(/soapbox)

Okay, back to regularly scheduled commenting: I'm glad to hear the AviarX3 is more overstable than the Aviar3. I'm looking forward to trying one if ever I can get my paws on one (at a non-ridiculous price). :popcorn:

Sounds a lot like a Jokeri, which is one of the best throwing putters that's ever been made. I'll probably pass on this one like I do with most of the new Innova stuff these days. That slot is already pretty well filled for me between Harp, Zone, Suspect, Stego, Scale, Envy, Pa1, Jokeri, Berg and Stego. With the Envy being the least OS of the bunch.

definitely way more stable than any envy I've ever thrown. I'd put it on the same playing field as esp zone maybe a tick less. I was not disappointed with the stability at all

Did not see a thread on this disc yet, though I did see it was being discussed on the new Innova stuff thread. Just got my pre-release prototype in today and took it out for some practice throws. So far I am a really big fan. I was surprised to see how much of a puddle-top mine had when it came in. Feels great both forehand and backhand. Definitely a lot more stable than my Star aviar3 and a touch more stable than the new P3X. Maybe not quite as stable as my zones but it is pretty close. I was really happy with how clean it comes out of the hand sidearm. Also had times with a pretty big headwind today and it did not phase it at all.

Has anyone else gotten the chance to throw this yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. I think this is a disc that is going to be really well received.

Can we get a profile pic? I'm curious if this could make me change away from my Rhynos, especially if it gets both R-Pro and XT as options, seeing as Innova has failed to release XT Rhynos.

e2ad717580f383c31f25756d41b68987.jpg

Was trying to show edge and puddle top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we get a profile pic? I'm curious if this could make me change away from my Rhynos, especially if it gets both R-Pro and XT as options, seeing as Innova has failed to release XT Rhynos.

4cdd8c3b18c362e66654cb1e4aeaace9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping for a bead but oh well. I'll have to wait until someone local gets their hands on one or I go to somewhere i can feel it up to see if I could putt with it. If not it may still be my FH approach disc as the bead on the Rhyno does mess with my timing.

I'm thinking the same thing. I would like something like my champ rhyno that isn't as deep to make forehand easier. I prefer champ or very stiff star plastic for my over stable putters. My go to putter is a Gstar dart.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

i saw someone coparing the av3 and avx3 side by side and it looked noticeably deeper than the av3. blunter nose would indicate a spacer. let me see if i can find the pic

i saw someone coparing the av3 and avx3 side by side and it looked noticeably deeper than the av3. blunter nose would indicate a spacer. let me see if i can find the pic

AX3 is blunter and slightly deeper, but hardly noticeable in my hand.
-------

Star Aviar3 is the first disc in both clips, followed by two Star AviarX3.

This is about a 200-225ft throw, upshot range. Similar flights, but the AX3 is noticeably more torque resistant and has a touch more fade at the end. Both are fairly fast out of the hand for a putter speed disc largely due in part to the flat "3" top, but the A3 is a tick quicker.

Overall- I'm a fan of the AviarX3. It's plenty overstable for headwind drives but has enough speed/glide that it's not relegated to super short pitch shots. I don't know if it's fast/long enough to take shots from the Gator slot, but I'm going to try. The added torque resistance is good for my terrible forehand form and will be useful for backhand flex upshots. In the bag for now.

The factory store is currently out of stock. I was able to snag a blue one last night when there was only 10 left. I'll do a review once I get it. I'm waiting to see if this mold will make it into any of the pros bags. If it's works well for sidearm, I could see some of the Innova guys who flick a lot have one in their bag.

I'm thinking the same thing. I would like something like my champ rhyno that isn't as deep to make forehand easier. I prefer champ or very stiff star plastic for my over stable putters. My go to putter is a Gstar dart.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Jokeri, right?

The factory store is currently out of stock. I was able to snag a blue one last night when there was only 10 left. I'll do a review once I get it. I'm waiting to see if this mold will make it into any of the pros bags. If it's works well for sidearm, I could see some of the Innova guys who flick a lot have one in their bag.

I wrote on another thread that I think the Ax3 might've been made for Paul McBeth after the Av3 didn't work out for him. Sheer speculation, there...

Latest posts