• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

I wrote on another thread that I think the Ax3 might've been made for Paul McBeth after the Av3 didn't work out for him. Sheer speculation, there...

A very educated guess after seeing his pink AVIAR3 getting pushed around in the tournament where he first used it.

A very educated guess after seeing his pink AVIAR3 getting pushed around in the tournament where he first used it.

Exactly. The Av3 just didn't fade as expected for Paul, and ended up being right of where he wanted to be. Then he dropped the Av3 and was trying the Star Aviar P&A and then Champ P&A, neither of which will be mistaken for a Harp or Drone. So enter the AX3, which from early reports is more OS than the Av3, etc.

P.S. Side note: I was throwing my pink Av3 today into a not-insignificant wind. Had some great shots with it, but it was dead straight on those throws...

I'm assuming (based on the name) that this is just the AviarX mold without a bead and the "3" top.

Basically a P2 with the "3" treatment.

Not the best shots, but here's a couple profile comparisons I shot with my phone.

3e2503d55b70a8cde835acd1f12018fb.jpg
AviarX3 - Aviar3

2cba7036dc9dd241bd5f80381bc2470f.jpg
AviarX3 - P3X

42768770d7051ecd53b7ea47074324fc.jpg
AviarX3 - McPro Aviar (Putt and Approach)

60ba6e687f1e66892d5ebab21c95c082.jpg
AviarX3 - P2

73d53016da39ee63ad1aeb6655b908cf.jpg
AviarX3 - Zone

I'm assuming (based on the name) that this is just the AviarX mold without a bead and the "3" top.

That's basically what it is. Very flat and almost puddle topped. I putt with the JK Pro Aviar-X and they're very different discs.

Had a chance to toss mine around a bit today. It's very overstable. Starts hooking up almost immediately. I thought my Rhyno was over-stable, but I can toss that thing a lot further than the AviarX3. It's a great sidearm approach disc, though. Those were the Rhyno's duties, but I think I'm going to try the Aviar out for the time being. Mine also says "Prototype" on the bottom so maybe they'll tweak the mold a bit before the regular release?

thats what i thought too. i always thought the p2 was the aviar x mold with the spacer as is. i still think this is the aviar3 with a spacer because a p2 with the "3" treatment is still a p2,not necessarily a new mold.

anyone have a p2 to compare this to side by side?

I think Horsman meant the tooling. There is a little embossed "Prototype" under the weight just like the new embossing on Destroyers. Proto Colts had special stamps but no embossing.

I tried the AX3 A3 P3X Pig and Zone side by side today, The zone is by far the most overstable of the bunch.. The AX3 flew very similar to my blizz champ pig, slightly more stable than the P3X and quite a bit more stable than the A3.. I like the puddle top of the AX3 and the plastic is grippier and softer than the A3 and P3X but not too soft like Gstar... it may be replacing the pig.. I have to try them back to back on forehand more to see which one I'll be using but so far I dig the AX3. Hope this helps someone.. haha

I tried the AX3 A3 P3X Pig and Zone side by side today, The zone is by far the most overstable of the bunch.. The AX3 flew very similar to my blizz champ pig, slightly more stable than the P3X and quite a bit more stable than the A3.. I like the puddle top of the AX3 and the plastic is grippier and softer than the A3 and P3X but not too soft like Gstar... it may be replacing the pig.. I have to try them back to back on forehand more to see which one I'll be using but so far I dig the AX3. Hope this helps someone.. haha

I recently acquired a blizz champ pig and have been loving it. Does the Aviar x3 have the same dumpy vertical fade as the pig or is it more sweeping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question to the aviarx3 lovers:

Are you guys bagging the aviarx3, a straighter throwing putter AND an aviar3, or just the aviarx3 and the straighter putter?

Also, how's its overstability and glide?

I'm buying one today, but just want to know what I'm getting into

After two rounds with the AviarX3, it's staying in my bag for now. I've been liking it for sidearm approach shots (100' & under). I haven't tried flicking it farther than that yet. It seems like it will be able to handle some power. It feels comfortable in my forehand grip. I like the puddle top. I actually was throwing it more backhand than sidearm. It's more overstable than my S-Line P2. It worked well on short drives & upshots. I'm looking forward to throwing it more. I hope the regular production AviarX3s come out the same as these "prototype" embossed ones. This is the only new mold that Innova has put out in the last couple years that I really like.

Question to the aviarx3 lovers:

Are you guys bagging the aviarx3, a straighter throwing putter AND an aviar3, or just the aviarx3 and the straighter putter?

Also, how's its overstability and glide?

I'm buying one today, but just want to know what I'm getting into

Right now I bagging an aviarx3, Star aviar3, and a beat dx aviar3 and I'm really liking the combo. They glide pretty well. Definitely not a brick out of the hand, but still a predictable strong fading finish