• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

i agree davmer. i wasnt craze about it at first. i spent a whole day tuning it, working the dome down, then left it in the basement till the snow was gone. gave it second chance and liked it enough to actually buy one, my N was a tester 180. got it in proton 171. flat out of the box and liking it. it might just take the truth spot if it retains that flight for more than couple months.

This disc just refuses to go away. I keep taking it out on the course and throwing it off of the tee. I don't know why. I got it for free and I don't need new discs. But it's growing on me. I'm finding that I can outdrive my fairways with it... Which is scary. If I throw it with a teensy bit of hyzer it will flip up and go dead straight without much fade at all. The glide on this thing is nuts too. I still need a more stable disc for those left turning shots and I can't sidearm this to save my life, but as a straight disc I think it might earn a spot in my bag.

^Yup, this thing is nasty straight. Kinda want to see what one down to 165 would fly like. Wondering if I could beat it in to be flippy...

Alias is slowly taking away all of my buzzz shots. The buzzz was one disc I never thought would leave the bag, but now it is truly never leaving the bag to be thrown. The alias holds whatever line it's put on and has a great reliable fade at the very end. I trust this disc more in a headwind than my buzzz, and I've just been using it on the rest of my mid shots to test it out, and it always finds a way to the basket.

What weights are you guys liking? Does the weight affect the flight of these?

I have a 169 Proton and a 176 Neutron - Been meaning to put them through their paces back to back to test them out since I've seen differences in a 6-7g difference in other molds.

Been really gelling with the Axis as of late, so I haven't been pulling my Alias out as much. But, getting familiar with the Alias is what helped me gel with the Axis. Hard to choose one, so they are both still in the bag since they are both quality molds.

Mine feels pretty light, but it came unmarked and I don't have a scale. If I buy one I'll probably aim for 176 though. That's my usual mid weight.

mm-axiom-neu-alias.png

http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/alias-axiom-neutron-2014-minnesota-majestic-p-3767.html

:thmbup:

This disc just refuses to go away. I keep taking it out on the course and throwing it off of the tee. I don't know why. I got it for free and I don't need new discs. But it's growing on me. I'm finding that I can outdrive my fairways with it... Which is scary. If I throw it with a teensy bit of hyzer it will flip up and go dead straight without much fade at all. The glide on this thing is nuts too. I still need a more stable disc for those left turning shots and I can't sidearm this to save my life, but as a straight disc I think it might earn a spot in my bag.

This is dead on. I don't have a straighter disc in the bag. They really nailed this mold nicely. And unlike other "straight" discs, you can throw it with some power, and it doesn't lose the HSS. Fantastic disc.

Wow. Love those colors. Do you think that stamp would wipe off? I've never tried to wipe an MVP stamp. I'm looking to do an incredible Hulk themed dye so I really want a purple disc with a green rim.

They come off. Not as easy as some do but it will. Agreed the colors are nice'

The white stamps on black MVP discs were always easiest for me to take off. The black ones were notoriously difficult. Need to put some serious elbow grease into them.

yeah, they really need to update with pictures and weights, etc. they are behind the other online retailers, it's why i just go in there instead.

2014. same here though. place is great being a local but they could do better. don't get me wrong they sell a ton of plastic its not your mom and pop shop but still cant believe seeing the recent poll how low they were with the people buying around here.

Yep, never would have gone there it AIM didn't post that picture and if it didn't just happen to be the exact colors I was looking for (I want to do an incredible Hulk disc).

I've only ever ordered 2 discs from them and both were a last resort as they happened to have an hard to find color I was looking for.

yeah, they really need to update with pictures and weights, etc. they are behind the other online retailers, it's why i just go in there instead.

So I live in NC, but was in the cities for work in January, and had to make 15 minutes to visit there. It was awesome. Staff was super helpful. They did say that they are working on updating the website. I have purchased from them online, but it was more over the phone. I wanted a specific color and weight range. Called them, the employee went and found it. I ordered it (in that range) and they shipped the disc we discussed. I do shop various online retailers, but GGgT is always one I check out.