• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

You're right.

That's a pretty cumbersome way to view all the discs. I just searched through more of the weights and there aren't that many left in any weight. 176g, and 177g seem to have the most left.

weird. usually mids sell more in the higher weight....

Mine is also 177g. It's one of the heaviest discs I've thrown, but for some reason, it doesn't feel that heavy. I think that players used to throwing mid-weight mids, like me, would have no problem going up a few grams with the Alias.

Wow. In the bag, done. First throw at league nearly an ace. Got CTP instead. Great disc, incredibly point and shoot. More so than the tangent or axis due to low crusing speed IMO. I love it.

Tangent is a better one disc round candidate but the alias is just better at being a workhorse disc iMO. Hopefully it stays like this for a while before starting to break in. I only threw it twice during my round, both deuces.

I can easily see the Alias being many players fav mid. I'm already used to the axis, and have 4 so that's what I throw but it really depends on the course. I went two rounds today with 0 midrange shots aside from one with a tensor which I parked. I blame the lack of mids on the Servo and Envy :D

man, thank GOD someone posted. now i can post my pic without a quadruple post. :p

yeah, the alias will probably be my favorite mid. i am nervous to see how quickly it will develop high-speed turn. the two holes i threw on were 280 and 275. there was a L/R crosswind on the 280' hole and it was a bit downhill. zero turn. on the 275', same thing, and just a little bit of fade. same on a 300' field throw. i have a bad feeling it won't behave this way for long, unfortunately. we will see. it holds lines so well it's amazing.

interested in a proton alias, see if it has more HSS like the tangents and their proton versions.

alias_zps8a1333d2.jpg

Last edited:
Tagged the basket today with the alias, hole 2 at kp. Diggin' it. That's 2 near misses so far since Saturday. Just a matter of time now...

oh my girlfriend will be thrilled...

Well, one of you two will be irritated either way, haha. Either you spot and hopefully find it or you don't and lose it...honestly the new hole 10, the long hyzer, is a straight up disc eater. Nobody made a trail, just freaking tracks everywhere. I have lost 3 discs on that hole in the past week, all in the middle of the fairway down by the bottleneck or in the middle of the field. Easily findable except nobody seems to know how to play with winter etiquette and I, the stubborn moron, refuse to ribbon up. Spotters mando. Fo sho.

ANYWAY. I still really like this disc. Parked a couple more holes with it today and I can say for certain that it will be staying around.

Last edited:
Another 4-5 inches of snow coming down today, but I was able to get out for two rounds yesterday with the new Alias mold. As someone who never clicked with the Axis, it was great to discover that this is a disc I can use! And, actually, I think I've discovered the flaw in my form that had me throwing the Axis, as well as most MVP mids, poorly with a lot of OAT. So, I'm eager to get out to the field again to try them out.

As for the Alias, what can I say that hasn't already been said by several others who have thrown it? It's a super comfortable disc, and the color combos are just off the hook. I've got a white core rainbow stamp with a red rim, and a REALLY sweet orange rim with an orange creamsicle swirl core.

In the two rounds I threw with it yesterday, it's already proving itself to be a very reliable disc. When thrown flat, I get a nice reliable little fade at the end, and with some anny and enough height, it flexes out and lands flat, which is a perfect line over some trees from an elevated tee on my home course.

Looking forward to playing more with this disc. But, so far, like I mentioned after my first time throwing this disc a few weeks back, it's definitely one that I think is more rewarding for me personally vs an Axis, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

12415607015_5ee8b7e72b.jpg

Tried to capture some of the swirl on the core. Pics don't do these discs justice...

12416106844_bdb71bf675.jpg

So I took my Alias out for a few test throws after it sitting in the garage for a couple weeks, and I still am finding it to be very Axis-like in how straight it is. In fact, for me it fades less than the Axis. Am I alone in these findings? I will say that it does take power a bit better, but in order to get it to fade much at all I've got to get some decent air under it...Curious how others are faring with it lately.

So I took my Alias out for a few test throws after it sitting in the garage for a couple weeks, and I still am finding it to be very Axis-like in how straight it is. In fact, for me it fades less than the Axis. Am I alone in these findings? I will say that it does take power a bit better, but in order to get it to fade much at all I've got to get some decent air under it...Curious how others are faring with it lately.

that's how it seemed compared to my old neutron axis too. very mild, gentle fade. anyway, it's why i don't have it in the same bag with my tangent and why i was waiting for the proton to see if it has different flight characteristics at all. :D

What weights are your Axis and Alias? Mine are both 176, and I am getting more fade on the Alias, but they are very similar overall. I'm going to try and find a lighter Proton Alias and see how they compare with a light Alias and a heavy Axis.

What weights are your Axis and Alias? Mine are both 176, and I am getting more fade on the Alias, but they are very similar overall. I'm going to try and find a lighter Proton Alias and see how they compare with a light Alias and a heavy Axis.

My Axis is 174 and Alias is 176, so not a negligible difference. I get more lateral play out of the Axis, but the Alias flies more like the Tangent did for me (with more HSS). I guess that fits the Axiom description, but I would love a little more fade.

I feel like the Alias is more HSS than the Axis, with LSS about the same. Had a nice shot on a 365' hole today with one of mine...put it right under the basket :)

I feel like the Alias is more HSS than the Axis, with LSS about the same. Had a nice shot on a 365' hole today with one of mine...put it right under the basket :)

Threw the Alias a lot more today, and I have to agree. I was thinking about putting the Tangent back in the bag in place of the Axis, since I am throwing the slower MVP drivers for now, and the Axis was too close in speed for me, personally. Now I am leaning Alias. It was very responsive today and came out of my hand really clean. I don't think I gave it a fair shake when it first came out.