• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy vs. Proxy

JFibeZZZ

Birdie Member
I have an Axiom envy on the way. But after doing more research, Im wondering what the noticeable differences are between the proxy and the envy? The proxy sounds stable enough to handle most situations...does that mean the envy has a healthy fade compared to it or whats the deal?

The envy is just a proxy with more fade and a small bead. Proxy is true 0 LSS while envy is more like 2

Thats all. Just like anode and ion. Very similar outside of slight feel and LSS.

Yup the first 90% of the flights are identical. The envy will fade the proxy won't. The proxy also can handle anny lines a little better, but if thrown nose up or with enough height you can evoke some pull out of anny lines. One of my favorite proxy shots.

I plan on picking up the proxy at some point. I can see the benefit. I just wish they had the proxy in soft plastic.

Wait, we haven't heard all about form and snap from the 2 month zen master yet.

I'll let you know his thoughts... He doesn't like the disc, but he also hasn't thrown it.

Edit: on topic- So a proxy has the same HSS as an Envy but no fade? Sounds Berg like, unique flight... Does the Proxy glide well?

point and shoot glide. not like a comet :rolleyes: :D but yeah its a little floaty due to being so damn straight.

PROXY ACE FACE!!!

I'll let you know his thoughts... He doesn't like the disc, but he also hasn't thrown it.

Edit: on topic- So a proxy has the same HSS as an Envy but no fade? Sounds Berg like, unique flight... Does the Proxy glide well?

LOL, and I'll 2nd AIM's thoughts about the glide. The Proxy has great glide and seems to just keep spinning until it finally runs out of gas and lands flat w/o any fade. So yes, point and shoot approach disc, and VERY straight drives.

Envy/Proxy is the best driving putter combo I've ever carried. I can nut the Envy or dial it back and the flight is consistent, with reliable fade every time. Proxy has the same path consistency, just that I've never been able to punch a neutral putter with no fear it's turning over. And it just goes so straight and then sits down.

All this Proxy talk around here ( in this thread and many others ) has made me want to try one. I love the Atom ( and use it regularly ) and was told to try the Proxy if I wanted a premium plastic Atom type disc that was a little straighter with less fade.

Now if I could find a decent color Proxy somewhere...looks like Marshall ST. has the best options so far and they even have a blank or two in a color I could live with.

Has anyone tested how the Proxy flies on windy days? I have only thrown it with mild winds for fear that it wouldn't hold up. The Proxy is amazing on straight and anny lines just holds the line and floats to the pin :). I might be the only one that could care less if they release a Soft Proxy as that is not my thing but would love to see a Proton Proxy.

Handles just fine. Thats what shocked me the most was how it handles wind. Its not an OS disc but will fly straight regardless . Headwinds need a little hyzer like a power drive but there is also the envy if a person wants that extra wind resistance.

Yeah, it's almost shocking A) how consistent the Proxy's lines are across the spectrum from mashed to powered way down and B) how hard you can throw it.

I'm glad it's starting to get some traction.

Yeah, it's almost shocking A) how consistent the Proxy's lines are across the spectrum from mashed to powered way down and B) how hard you can throw it.

I'm glad it's starting to get some traction.

I'd add, in answering the OP, that the difference between the Proxy and Envy, for me, really comes through when you throw them high. The Proxy is much more of a straight dropper. The Envy is awesome at those shots where you have a hole that's got a short early fairway, with a big (for RHBH) R to L dogleg. You can throw it high, and it gets tons of lateral movement before it grounds.

So I got an Atom to check it out, kinda dip my toe into new overmolded putters without a full commitment, as I had thrown a lot of the Ion/Anode combo when they came out.

I like it, but but I'm not IN LOVE with it. I prefer premium plastic for driving/upshot duties, and I really like to be able to dig my thumb into the flight plate when giving it a rip. Low profile is a must for a driving putter too.

I'm just really bummed the Proxy isn't available in soft, as I really liked the feel of some of the soft Envys at the store.

So....do I wait for soft proxys or maybe try to find a beat-in Envy? Anyone know how long the Envy was out before the soft version was released? DGCR would be the first place to hear of such a release even without Mike C testing them anymore, but for real Axiom, run some soft Proxys already!